Community
Wiki Posts
Search

P.o.s 2.5

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2004, 01:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default P.o.s 2.5

Okay any Ideas on WTF i'm doing wrong ,,,,,,,,I have a 2.5 with less than a 1/4 gallon ran thru it put a new Hardcore Mutant Head on it and a new Carb housing and I CANT stop this ******* thing from flooding ,,,,,,,,everythign set too stock settings and I hit it with the starter and BOOM it locks up so I flip it over and clean the gas out and let it sit for a few and try again and BOOM its hydro locked AGAIN no matter what I do it still does this any help would be appreciative thanks guys
Old 01-27-2004, 04:51 PM
Tech Initiate

Default I think...

Here's what i think. Either u have a bad glow plug or your settings are all messed up. The 2.5 kinda screws up on its own. (Found that out on mine)
Old 01-27-2004, 09:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Because the T-Maxx tank is higher than the carb when its full, and you close the cap, that has enough pressure to start fuel moving in to the engine. I only fill mine part way before I start it, then I top it off.

I B..
Old 01-28-2004, 09:16 PM
Tech Adept

Since you said that you replaced the head I am guessing it was running hot. If you still have the stock pipe you may have melted the baffle inside. If this is the case when you go to start it you are essentially priming the engine and it will flood. Give us a call, as we are glad to help you try and troubleshoot the issue over the phone.
Old 02-11-2004, 07:44 AM
Tech Addict

sounds like the settings on the carb..i have a ofna buggy that does that sometimes and i just lean it out some and it takes care of the problem..factory settings are really rich anyway so i would try leaning the settings a tad..also make sure you got a good charge on your igniter..
Old 02-24-2004, 04:38 PM
Tech Rookie

Call Traxxas and they will do everything they can to help you. They have the best customer support by far.
Old 03-22-2004, 03:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally posted by *XtreemwheelS*
Call Traxxas and they will do everything they can to help you. They have the best customer support by far.
Yeah, traxxas is pretty good. Give them a call.