Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I wanna bash again!

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 07:28 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

My T-Maxx just broke it's second engine. I'm getting tired of glow plugs, temperatures, tuning, fuel spills.....

I want to convert this thing over to a brushless set up. I have no idea where to start. Is there a good thread or maybe some instructions?

Will my current Futaba 3PM receiver will run a ESC? Can I keep my mechanical brakes and still run an ESC?

I am really clueless when it comes to electric.
Old 06-28-2009, 12:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by marchesini80
My T-Maxx just broke it's second engine. I'm getting tired of glow plugs, temperatures, tuning, fuel spills.....

I want to convert this thing over to a brushless set up. I have no idea where to start. Is there a good thread or maybe some instructions?

Will my current Futaba 3PM receiver will run a ESC? Can I keep my mechanical brakes and still run an ESC?

I am really clueless when it comes to electric.
You would be alot better off starting your own thread rather than hijacking mine but to help you out a little bit...

Im not sure exactly what you will need to convert a Tmaxx to an Emaxx. In fact your probably better off moving to a different platform over the tmaxx that you have now. Yes any receiver can operate an esc so you will be fine there. Yes with the correct setup you can also keep mechanical breaks and run the esc, you can do so with a Y harness. Search around a bit (search feature on the site is really nice...) and Im sure you will come up with better info.
Old 06-28-2009, 11:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ride1226
Losi I sent you a PM. I am really interested in this truck. I haven't seen many around, neither at my lhs or anyone that has owned one so I kinda wonder why so many people don't run them. Usually when a truck is good a ton of them sell.
I would look on ebay for the 3.0. If you plan on converting it to electric you might be able to find a roller or used MGT 3.0 for half the price of one with the new nitro motor.
Old 06-28-2009, 11:47 AM
Tech Master

Building something that big and brushless would be pretty expensive. With the size of the 3.0 might as well just buy a flux or a brushless e revo. I really like 1/10th scale monster trucks, and I really like his mini mgt. I mean its running a single 2s and working that well? That is one seriously cost effective truck if it works as well as he says it does.
Old 06-28-2009, 05:53 PM
Tech Initiate

i know its not a monster truck but id go with the slash other wise id go with the E-Revo
Old 06-28-2009, 09:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Sorry, but Traxxas trucks are trash. Plastic drive shafts? Plastic gears? And the Re, re, re, re invention of Revo is getting pathetic. Whats next? a Revo converted to a motorized wheel chair?

Traxxas has built their empire from selling replacement parts to n00bs who didnt know better and cheaped out and bought one of their trucks instead of buying a ture hobby grade RC.
Old 06-28-2009, 10:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I'm a fan of Traxxas ... just a solid company all together.

A lot of aftermarket options to make the products awesome.
Old 06-29-2009, 12:17 AM
Tech Master

There are a ton of aftermarket products for a reason. When you have close to ten vehicles that all share common parts with eachother its quite easy for some aftermarket company to make on part that works on 4 or 5 of the traxxas trucks. Why would an aftermarket company not jump in on a steal of a deal like that. I agree they are great beginner trucks but that is about all I like about them. I am completely sick of their plastic I know that much. Had a slash, drove it three times and sold it. It may be bashable, but it didnt drive very nice. Would much rather a sc10 over it. Had a tmaxx as my first nitro truck, was fun, upgraded nicely, then as soon as I gave it some real power all of the trucks weak points started to shine. Oh well, dont want traxxas to become the topic of this thread.