Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
Help!!! T-Maxx wont shift >

Help!!! T-Maxx wont shift

Old 12-20-2003, 12:57 PM
Tech Rookie

I've had my t-maxx for about 2 years and all of the sudden it stoped shifting into 2nd gear. i have not made any mods to the trans at all. The only thing i did was get a .15 cv-r engine and take out the reverse b/c the servo was brokin. Other then that the maxx is stock. i have gone on the traxxas web site and did everything there sevice department told me to do. Do you all think it is worth just sending the trans bac to Traxxas and have them fix it or wat? I need ur help!! winter is here and i hear the snow calling my name outside, so please help!! Any advice at all will be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-20-2003, 06:35 PM
Tech Rookie

Anyone else ever have this problem before with there maxx?
Old 12-20-2003, 06:46 PM
Tech Master

I would suggest getting a new tranny and then go around tring to fix the old one. who knows you could have just busted it beyond return
Old 12-20-2003, 07:16 PM
Tech Rookie

I forgot to say the truck makes a noise lik something is sliping. but its not anything in the trans b/c i check to make sure the gears were still on the shaft and they were. do u think it could have anything to do with the clutch, flywheel, or engine in anyway? If so please say thanxs
Old 12-21-2003, 01:46 PM
Tech Rookie

I find it hard to think that only one person in here can help me with this problem!?!?!?
Old 12-24-2003, 01:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Had the same problem as you on a early Maxx. And when I added a 15cvr as you stated as well. 1st- how new is the 15cvr? 2nd-how hard are you running the engine? Temp? When I had this problem it was that I wasn't running the motor hard enough to make the power needed to shift the trans.
Give me some info and I'll do what I can to help.
email is [email protected]
Old 12-27-2003, 11:43 AM
Tech Rookie

Check the slipper clutch, flywheel nut, or the pins in the spur gear. I had to take out the pins and make my own discs out of gasket material. I have a picco .21 maxx. It stripped out the trans gears and I had to put robinson racings in it. The trans can be fixed I am sure if it's in the trans. Email: [email protected]
Dallas
Old 12-29-2003, 08:17 AM
Tech Rookie

I have two T-Maxxes with the 2.5 race motor and yep I had a problem with shift to 2nd gear. It takes a little adjustment from the mixture screw to fine tune it to get the car to change gear. I suggest take the Manufacturers advice of: Close mixture screw fully then back it off 4 full turns anti-clockwise- this is about standard.
Make a couple of high speed passes and if no gear change then turn mixture screw clockwise 1/8th turn (Leaner mix). Don`t go passed 1-1/2 turns as this will be tooooo lean. If no fix then either buy a newy or pull it down and view to fix.
Old 01-06-2004, 05:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Shift point screw!

I have built many trans for t-maxxes and I set the shift point screw 5 turns out and it usually shifts slightly early. Use the mixture screws for shift adjustments and you are asking for trouble. With the proper mixture setting (long story) the shift point adjustment screw should be all you need to mess with.