Wiki Posts
Search

Original TMaxx 2 speed ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 01:28 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Original TMaxx 2 speed ?

I have the original tmaxx with a megatech m-16 in it. i had to replace a gear inside my trans not too long ago, and now it won't shift into 2nd. how many turns out should the screw be at? seems like it could start out in 2nd 2 me, but not sure. it accelerates somewhat slow, then picks up speed.
Old 05-14-2009, 05:40 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Manual agrees with 7your call - its shifting, but almost instantly. Manual says to turn screw CW. They don't give turns - manual advises to just keep doing it 1/8th turn at a time til you have it shifting where you want it. I'd do a turn at a time til something changes, then go to 1/8th turn adj. Make sure you're adj the correct screw.

Manual can be found here -

Pro15 Manual

Look at bot of pg7 and top pg8.
Old 05-14-2009, 07:22 PM
Tech Adept

thanks for the reply. i have been going by the manual, but still doesn't seem right. i turned it in and the motor would bog down, and quit. i went back out and it moved back at what it was before. so i think i need to go out some more. i will try again tomorrow, since i will have all day.
Old 05-15-2009, 09:33 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Good luck - that hard part is figuring out where you're at now. The adjustment is obviously opposite directions depending on which you think is happening. It may be a little easier to tell holding it off the ground and accelerating slowly and watching/listening for it to shift.
Old 05-15-2009, 11:45 AM
Tech Apprentice

from my understanding the more you tighten the screw it cause the pawl on the 2 speed to engage sooner so unscrew it till the head is almost flush and tighten from there till it shifts at the desired point.
Old 05-15-2009, 01:08 PM
Tech Adept

thanks for the response guys. if it wasn't raining here all day i would go and try, so it will have to wait for tomorrow.
Old 05-19-2009, 12:45 PM
Tech Adept

Default **update** new problem

heres is my update. i got it running and i think i got it to shift now, just not as noticable as it was with original motor. now the truck has a hard time starting, and staying running. went back to factory settings, plus alittle more and glow plug is fine and glowing. using mc-59 plugs with 20%, and it still has compression. i notice today what looks like a ring pattern of fuel and or oil under the motor side of the flywheel. it goes up the exhaust and fuel tank, and is on the center cvd. does this mean a bad bearing, or seal by the flywheel? how do i fix this problem? or what could be the problem? thanks