Wiki Posts
Search

Revo 3.3 Help

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 01:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Revo 3.3 Help

I have a Revo 3.3 that runs awesome. But i am a little scared. Its sort of a hot day today and while running my revo i decided to do the spit test and my spit boiled off the top of the glow plug. The truck runs awesome. Great bottom end and great top end. I tried to richen the top end slowly and the truck started running worse. i also tried fattening up the low speed and its seemed to run worse. So since the truck runs so good and has a blue smoke trail should i worry about it?
Old 04-04-2009, 04:22 PM
Tech Regular

Well i went back outside since its gotten a little cooler out. Man this freakin thing is awesome!!!!! On my spit tests the spit would boil on the head but didnt just burn right off. So from my understanding you want the spit to boil on the head and not just bounce right off. But i just ran a tank and a half through it and its running perfect. Idles great without cutting off. Doesnt seem to load up on fuel. From a dead stop she will carry the front tires until i let off of it.
Old 04-04-2009, 04:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Personally, I wouldn't really trust the 'Spit' test. I'd get an inexpensive infrared temp gun. Duratrax sells one for about $25 and they are pretty accurate. I have an Odonnell and it works great!
Old 04-04-2009, 05:45 PM
Tech Regular

weve got one at work. Im taking the truck to work monday and will check it there. But reading the manual says that if the truck inst bogging, cutting off or anything like that then it should be about right. All i should have to do is do some minor tweaking with the HSN.
Old 04-04-2009, 07:56 PM
Tech Regular

Ok i have another question. I want to upgrade the steering servo. The stock one sucks. i have a Airtronics 94358Z, i tried it and it didnt seem too much better than the stock servo. I didnt try it on the truck while driving it but i put the truck on the floor in my kitchen with the truck stationary on the floor and tried both servos to see which one is faster and which on has more power. Both were about the same.
Also i hear about a mod to increase the turning radius. While i was messing with the servos i saw what was the steering stop but didnt give much thought on what needs to be done to get a tighter turning radius.
Old 04-12-2009, 12:31 PM
Tech Initiate

My first question is did you cut the windshield out if not you really should. The temp I run my at is in the 250 's if its not dieing out at full throttle you mite be ok. As far as the stearing servo I put an Futaba S3305 in mine and its great.
Old 04-12-2009, 09:14 PM
Tech Regular

The front of the windshield is not cut out just the back. Ive been thinking about cutting it out though. I checked temps at work and they were in the 270 range and i richened it up just a bit on the HSN. Ive ran a gallon through it this past week and didnt have any issues. Pinch is still really really tight.
Old 04-13-2009, 05:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

Originally Posted by liftedcj7on44s
Ok i have another question. I want to upgrade the steering servo. The stock one sucks. i have a Airtronics 94358Z, i tried it and it didnt seem too much better than the stock servo. I didnt try it on the truck while driving it but i put the truck on the floor in my kitchen with the truck stationary on the floor and tried both servos to see which one is faster and which on has more power. Both were about the same.
Also i hear about a mod to increase the turning radius. While i was messing with the servos i saw what was the steering stop but didnt give much thought on what needs to be done to get a tighter turning radius.
heres a helpful guide on modifying the steering radius.
http://www.traxxas.com/support/kb_se...l&cat=0&id=594
Old 04-15-2009, 08:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Quad Racer 34
heres a helpful guide on modifying the steering radius.
http://www.traxxas.com/support/kb_se...l&cat=0&id=594
My buddy just got a new 5308 revo today had me set it up for him one problem.
With that steering mod is you need an aftermarket servo horn or one of the traxxas ones that have two holes in the arm otherwise it don't have enough throw to make it work luckily i had one leftover from my slayer.

Just thought id spread the word so someone don't get pissed like i did when i realized it other than that it works awesome!