Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
Savage XL tire question >

Savage XL tire question

Savage XL tire question

Old 03-23-2009, 08:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default Savage XL tire question

Hey guys, I'm running the stock savage XL tires on my revo, and the tires are horribly unbalanced and uneven on the inside it seems.

Anyone know what I'm talking about and have a solution? I don't think weights will help.

Thanks.
Old 03-24-2009, 01:10 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I would try putting on some new tires or if you want you can to balance them. But I don't know how well that will work
Old 03-24-2009, 05:37 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

What did you use for liner - foam - sounds like its gotten twisted inside and balancing won't fix that. Its time to pull tires off and straighten everything out. Then maybe balance.
Old 03-24-2009, 05:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

I bought them new and mounted off ebay..

I did not put them together. I was under impression they were put together by HPI?

You guys suggest boiling them? I will probably lose the finish..
Old 03-24-2009, 06:20 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

The HPI liners I got with my 4.6 kit were garbage - they were a flat piece that was cut on an angle and glued together. Whoever did it was a real putz, they were glued unevenly and pinched in places across the seam so it was not full thickness. If those had come assembled that way, those liners would have ruined any hope of the tires running true and having any balance.

Just beacuse they're HPI doesn't mean they're perfect. Boiling is better than trying to bake them off and acetone melts the liners and makes a mess. Those
are nice looking tires...
Old 03-24-2009, 11:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

they really are, huh? I saw them on a savage XL first and fell in love. I'm trying to build my revo like a monster truck and not a truggy, and these are perfect - they are big, grip pretty decent, and are not pig heavy like everything else. Rims look sharp too

I'll try boiling them I guess, bummer they were only 40 bucks for a set of 4 too..