Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
Bring back the racing! >

Bring back the racing!

Bring back the racing!

Old 03-05-2009, 04:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

lol..eh man you wanna race and get beat let me kno i gota lst2 u can take...just fix it up,so you can get beat..lmao
Old 03-05-2009, 04:21 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

ah young grasshopper you will learn....surely in time you will

R
Old 03-05-2009, 04:24 PM
Tech Master

did i just read more blah blah blah,,im scared reggie....new tracks comein out this year
Old 03-05-2009, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by ultegrasti
ah young grasshopper you will learn....surely in time you will

R
just that 2day isnt the day it seems...

R
Old 03-05-2009, 05:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default monstertruck racing is dead

update truggy soon to be there to.the reason its dead is because the class is made up of mostly new drivers,then when they get to the race track all that is there and were the biggest turn out is is 8th scale.everyone wants to go fast.and who ever stated that you have to spend 1000.00 to run buggys is an idiot....
Old 03-05-2009, 11:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

I agree with reggie on the set up. Now my Savage XL is run in I've got a 3PK running it with Hitec 7998 for the steering and Futaba 9351 on throttle duties. RB 2006P pipe and header. Did the diffs with 7k front and 3k rear. Great fun to drive.

I dunno about the US Smash but here in Oz a Hyper 7 rtr is $550. Could you honestly expect someone getting into racing to enjoy that? It'll take at least an engine to make it quick enough. VZB = $350. So far we're at $900. Then the car isn't going to handle very well stock with the OS behind it. We need to rebuild the shocks if not replace them. Stocks tyres are pathetic, replace them (not to mention the OS will wear them out every 2 or 3 meets). Once we've got our car sorted how acceptable is the standard radio? Diffs? So much needs looking at and every bottle of oil adds cost.

Racing is NOT fun when you've got an ill handling piece of shit wobbling around the track (re: hyper 7 rtr against race buggies). There are places where you struggle to get enough people to run a class let alone have a class for every skill level.

Bring back MT, forget wings etc...make it cheaper for people to enter the hobby. I think you guys call it "Stock MT" or something? Put a radio in it or a pipe on it. Change the diff and shock oils but leave it there. When you spend too much money on a monster truck, you might aswell have bought a truggy and if you have to race against them you no doubt will.

Another person leaves the class..........

Rant over I'm a racer of all things R/C and I love my truck
Old 03-06-2009, 12:41 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Clippy
I agree with reggie on the set up. Now my Savage XL is run in I've got a 3PK running it with Hitec 7998 for the steering and Futaba 9351 on throttle duties. RB 2006P pipe and header. Did the diffs with 7k front and 3k rear. Great fun to drive.

I dunno about the US Smash but here in Oz a Hyper 7 rtr is $550. Could you honestly expect someone getting into racing to enjoy that? It'll take at least an engine to make it quick enough. VZB = $350. So far we're at $900. Then the car isn't going to handle very well stock with the OS behind it. We need to rebuild the shocks if not replace them. Stocks tyres are pathetic, replace them (not to mention the OS will wear them out every 2 or 3 meets). Once we've got our car sorted how acceptable is the standard radio? Diffs? So much needs looking at and every bottle of oil adds cost.

Racing is NOT fun when you've got an ill handling piece of shit wobbling around the track (re: hyper 7 rtr against race buggies). There are places where you struggle to get enough people to run a class let alone have a class for every skill level.

Bring back MT, forget wings etc...make it cheaper for people to enter the hobby. I think you guys call it "Stock MT" or something? Put a radio in it or a pipe on it. Change the diff and shock oils but leave it there. When you spend too much money on a monster truck, you might aswell have bought a truggy and if you have to race against them you no doubt will.

Another person leaves the class..........

Rant over I'm a racer of all things R/C and I love my truck
Damn straight Clippy, I'll race my Fluxy against ur XL any time, restrict me to 4s Lipo so the top speeds are around the same, and go for it!

I miss watching the E-Maxxes race here a few yrs ago, was always a fun class to watch and yes, even to marshall!
Old 03-06-2009, 01:25 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by reggie l.
tell you wat...if people would buy(new) a mt and get it set up to race and just drive it...and i mean get everything shimed..new servos..wat ever u need to do to make it how u want..but not realy hack it...witch alot of ppl try to do with there mt's just to expirment wit how light u can make it etc.. you realy wont have to spend that much money in the class...(i know i muggified my lst..i dont realy see it as hacking it because your useing all stock parts except for the dpp wing mount..just muggy parts..not realy over thinking..jus a mod and its very reliable)

the probs i have wit my truck is existing stuff that i seen that may be worn and i just said the hell with it lol o well...but with my lst2 i realy never REALY "break"....i kno last season i had probs wit flame outs due to a faulty carb that i never changed and i also had probs with my batt's(lipo's is the way to go)..but o well its no biggie for me just fun..(its changed btw and no more of that) but far as arms..tranny...shocks...servos..diffs...no probs..

im goin to re-due my shocks..new chasis plates..clean it..and change the set up some...and walk with it to every track just to see if theres a grudge match .....witch we do alot round here

im selling my mugen truggy..buying a 8t 2.0 and keeping that as my main truck to run every weekend...but im not selling the mt..i love it
Hey reggie, not to burst your bubble, but the muggy you have is really a truggy. think about the Hardcore and other truggy conversions for the Tmaxx that caused the truggy revolution in the first place. The true truggy guys think you got a cheap copy of a truggy and the MT guys won't let you run MT. If you want a MT you should go back to the LST you started with. Just my opinion
Old 03-06-2009, 09:11 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by crazyjr
Hey reggie, not to burst your bubble, but the muggy you have is really a truggy. think about the Hardcore and other truggy conversions for the Tmaxx that caused the truggy revolution in the first place. The true truggy guys think you got a cheap copy of a truggy and the MT guys won't let you run MT. If you want a MT you should go back to the LST you started with. Just my opinion
i dont have no muggy!! how dare i buy that crap lol...

its a lst2 with muggy shock towers and shocks..thats all..the shocks are just cut a lil shorter than the lst's..and the shock tower just lays the shock down more at a angle...

its by far not a truggy...no centerdiff..no flat chasis..still double chasis..still 2speed tranny on there...i thing u just miss read wat i said
Old 03-06-2009, 09:16 AM
Tech Master

MUGGIFED LST2
STILL HAS A 2SPEED TRANNY

STILL A DOUBLE CHASIS LST2..JUST WITH THE SHORTER SHOCKS AND SHORTER SHOCK TOWERS

Old 03-06-2009, 11:09 AM

i agree, but it'll follow the same path as the electrics did 20yrs ago. the big monsters are more real, but folks will take performance (or at least the illusion of it) over reality every time. look at all the cars we run now. when the most real cars we have are onroad cars. that says something. bugs are no longer caged vehicles with some panels (aka kyosho vanning and tamiya SRBs). truggies-ugh-some1 in here famously referred to them somethin to the affect of 'lunar groundcraft with wings and turrets syndrome'. just how things go. why u think the sc8s havent really taken off. well only 1 manufacturer and 600bux for a start. but b/c folks dont go out and buy into a new class without at least another dozen of them already out there. same boat for monsters. yeh in many ways they were more fun, but sadly those who race dont buy on 'fun factor'.

yes if i had it my way we'd all still race blackfoots and beetles on the electric side and whateva nitro equivs for the gas stuff. yes it was more fun that way. now i show up to the track w/my nice lipos, race car, a whole box of different tire selections and only a hope of having fun.
i've been pulling back on the hobby, and for the above reason i've seriously contemplated gettin out all together.
and i think i'm not alone in that thought either.

R
Old 03-06-2009, 01:57 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by reggie l.
i dont have no muggy!! how dare i buy that crap lol...

its a lst2 with muggy shock towers and shocks..thats all..the shocks are just cut a lil shorter than the lst's..and the shock tower just lays the shock down more at a angle...

its by far not a truggy...no centerdiff..no flat chasis..still double chasis..still 2speed tranny on there...i thing u just miss read wat i said
My bad, I heard muggified and assumed full muggy, I am sorry. There is no shame in improving the suspension or drivetrain, we revo guys have center diffs.
Old 03-06-2009, 02:01 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ultegrasti
i agree, but it'll follow the same path as the electrics did 20yrs ago. the big monsters are more real, but folks will take performance (or at least the illusion of it) over reality every time. look at all the cars we run now. when the most real cars we have are onroad cars. that says something. bugs are no longer caged vehicles with some panels (aka kyosho vanning and tamiya SRBs). truggies-ugh-some1 in here famously referred to them somethin to the affect of 'lunar groundcraft with wings and turrets syndrome'. just how things go. why u think the sc8s havent really taken off. well only 1 manufacturer and 600bux for a start. but b/c folks dont go out and buy into a new class without at least another dozen of them already out there. same boat for monsters. yeh in many ways they were more fun, but sadly those who race dont buy on 'fun factor'.

yes if i had it my way we'd all still race blackfoots and beetles on the electric side and whateva nitro equivs for the gas stuff. yes it was more fun that way. now i show up to the track w/my nice lipos, race car, a whole box of different tire selections and only a hope of having fun.
i've been pulling back on the hobby, and for the above reason i've seriously contemplated gettin out all together.
and i think i'm not alone in that thought either.

R
I wish there was enough people to race everything, then everyone could be happy. My personal favorites are stadium truck and monster truck with truggy (all electric) a close third
Old 03-06-2009, 02:59 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by smash8ight
update truggy soon to be there to.the reason its dead is because the class is made up of mostly new drivers,then when they get to the race track all that is there and were the biggest turn out is is 8th scale.everyone wants to go fast.and who ever stated that you have to spend 1000.00 to run buggys is an idiot....
Oh i totally agree. I mean i got into the buggy scene for just a short while and built my mugen roller for under 600 for the whole setup. And top quality too for everything i would need to race it. Its just a pre-notation that tells a beginer. How bout this weather huh? I need to get out and try the new brake setup for my center diff. Ill post a pic if everything goes right
Old 03-06-2009, 03:42 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by crazyjr
My bad, I heard muggified and assumed full muggy, I am sorry. There is no shame in improving the suspension or drivetrain, we revo guys have center diffs.
no prob...and i have no prob with the center diffs n the revo..cause i can still steer with the best of them..if not more..but i dont wanna start a argument bout revo's and lst's..but i have owned both

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.