Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
MT monster truck clutch help!!! >

MT monster truck clutch help!!!

MT monster truck clutch help!!!

Old 02-22-2009, 07:37 PM
Tech Rookie

Exclamation MT monster truck clutch help!!!

Hey guys I am new to RC Tech this my first thread Here's my problem I just bought a MT monster truck, truck awsome. All of a sudden the clutch only engages at a Really slow speed or RPM as soon as the truck reaches a higer RPM it just sits there and winds out until I let off the throttle.Once the RPM drops to idle then it will engage I can drive around all day but only at a very low speed please help Kevin.
Old 02-22-2009, 10:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin Waddell View Post
Hey guys I am new to RC Tech this my first thread Here's my problem I just bought a MT monster truck, truck awsome. All of a sudden the clutch only engages at a Really slow speed or RPM as soon as the truck reaches a higer RPM it just sits there and winds out until I let off the throttle.Once the RPM drops to idle then it will engage I can drive around all day but only at a very low speed please help Kevin.
What is the truck? if you dont know just post a pic or pm for my email and i can tell you what it is!

Its most likly your clutch shoes and spring very cheap together its like 10 bucks
Old 02-23-2009, 05:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hmmm are you sure it's the clutch? Sounds like maybe the slipper needs to be tightened. Or maybe the flywheel or something else is loose. It might be something other than a clutch problem. Is the clutchbell/spur-gear spinning while it's sitting there winding out? Does the flywheel spin while it's winding out? Obviously if the flywheel is spinning and the clutchbell isn't, it's a clutch issue. It may be that I'm reading this the wrong way, but this just doesn't sound like a typical clutch problem for some reason. I think you might have to narrow that down a bit.
Old 02-23-2009, 09:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

it could be the alignment or loose engine mount screws, they could be tight and low RPM's but at higher RPM's it tourqes the engine away from the spur gear

It could also be your slipper nut on your spur gear

But i still think it could be your clutch spring it could be worn out and so it grabs at low throttle but at high throttle it just gives out
Old 02-23-2009, 10:01 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

sound's like a spring/shoe issue