Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
tired of nitro, gassers? >

tired of nitro, gassers?

tired of nitro, gassers?

Old 01-18-2009, 08:09 PM
Tech Rookie

Default tired of nitro, gassers?

I'm tired of constantly tuning nitro trucks, leaky engines, slipping one way bearings, expensive fuel

there any gas 1/8 monster trucks? 1/5 would be ok too I guess, all I do is bash, no racing, got a savage, and a few t-maxx's now, including a thumper .40

the hpi 1/5th truck is close, if they had a monster version of it, I would rather have a 1/8th truck though
Old 01-18-2009, 08:19 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

I think most people who make the move to 1/5th never go back to 1/8th. There are plenty of 1/5th monster trucks out there. Most are 2WD though. Duratrax has their Firehammer MT which is basically an FG clone. FG has monster trucks too. MCD is another.

Redcat Ramage MT 4WD I have been eyeing after I mess with my HPI Baja some more...

I guess it really all depends on your budget.
Old 01-18-2009, 08:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mrblah
I'm tired of constantly tuning nitro trucks, leaky engines, slipping one way bearings, expensive fuel

there any gas 1/8 monster trucks? 1/5 would be ok too I guess, all I do is bash, no racing, got a savage, and a few t-maxx's now, including a thumper .40

the hpi 1/5th truck is close, if they had a monster version of it, I would rather have a 1/8th truck though
i feel you man. if it werent for FGs being 1k+ i would hae one. nitros just cheaper.
Old 01-18-2009, 08:30 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mrblah

leaky engines..
expensive fuel..
Have you ever driven an HPI 1/5th..drive one and it would change your mind..every other 1/5th or 1/4th scale I have driven is a turd compared to the HPI Baja..if your tried of running nitro the HPI baja (truck included) is totally the way to go 45+ minutes on run time, fast, fun and very durable..and relatively cheap..
Old 01-18-2009, 08:53 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

i'm tired of marshallin em! especially when we're told that elec does elec, and nitro does nitro. they all have their bad pts. i've cut back runnin a ton and i'm on the electric side. no matter where u go. its gonna hurt the wallet somewhere. and i know that changin alot hurts it moreso. i'm weighin my own options b/c when i move here 1st half of this yr, it'll put me outta range for any offroad which will suck. ur same gripes were why i got outta 1/8 nitro after tryin it for 3yrs. i felt much of what u said and i had good engines and few issues. really hate it for guys that seem to have no luck

R
Old 01-18-2009, 09:06 PM
Tech Elite

switch over to the dark side and get a caster f8t....