Emaxx Knuckles

Old 01-17-2009, 04:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Emaxx Knuckles

I need to upgrade my Emaxx knuckles as they pop off on heavy landing so I have three options

1. Get the RPM Emaxx knuckles
2. I read some were that the Revo RPM knuckles will fit so does that mean the Traxxas Revo knuckles will fit as I believe they are stronger
3. Get good quality alloy ones

What would you go with?

Money is not a prob but accessibility to parts is.....like RPM stuff takes 3 weeks plus to get here and I can get Revo parts but not Emaxx
Old 01-17-2009, 05:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I don't know much about the maxx, but does it have pillow ball suspension? If so, revo ones might fit. otherwise, some good quality alloy ones would be good, but only if you have RPM arms, as otherwise the knuckles will just bend when you crash.
Old 01-17-2009, 12:06 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I have the older Emaxx and kept twisting stock wheel axles. I changed to 3.3 drive axles, knuckles, turnbuckles and A Arms. I think the 3.3 stuff is the same whether its for T, E or Revo. I would go with the 3.3 stuff and be done with it. I've not had any further probs with mine after changing.

I believe you have to change to the 3.3 wheel axles to work with the T/E/Revo knuckles. I did it all at once so I know that works. Also you have to clearance the underside of the stock upper A Arms near chassis so it will clear the drive axle u-joint. The T/E/Revo knuck also require 3.3 turnbuckles cause they moved the mounting points and stock won't work.
Old 01-18-2009, 03:43 AM
Tech Elite

Yer I got 2 dozen shredded shafts so I actually have CVDs now.....I have ROM arms on as any good basher should

Hmmmm.......I think I will get the true track rear and some alloy knucks for the front
Old 01-18-2009, 07:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Drifting101 View Post
Yer I got 2 dozen shredded shafts so I actually have CVDs now.....I have ROM arms on as any good basher should

Hmmmm.......I think I will get the true track rear and some alloy knucks for the front
what the hell are ROM arms???

Old 01-18-2009, 02:02 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I built a light weight race based Tmaxx and used Barnstormer alloy knucks. I had to shave them to get back to the same turning radius I had with plastics. The area around the PBs was bigger than the same area on the stock knucks and limited turning. A little time with a dremel and it was back to what it should be.
Old 01-19-2009, 05:23 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MoparRules View Post
what the hell are ROM arms???

Lol it was a late night
Old 01-19-2009, 10:23 AM
Tech Rookie

There is a Revo knuckle conversion kit out there. I believe Traxxas even makes it. But you also can't go wrong with RPM. I would jump for the RPM true track conversion in the back and regular RPM knuckles in the front. RPM stuff has a lifetime warranty unlike aluminum stuff so it really is a far greater value. It's also lighter than aluminum and won't be as rigid as aluminum. I would also swap to Revo shafts if you are having a twisting problem. I run them in my Emaxx and haven't broken one yet.
Old 01-20-2009, 04:48 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by THE 1 2 FEAR View Post
There is a Revo knuckle conversion kit out there. I believe Traxxas even makes it. But you also can't go wrong with RPM. I would jump for the RPM true track conversion in the back and regular RPM knuckles in the front. RPM stuff has a lifetime warranty unlike aluminum stuff so it really is a far greater value. It's also lighter than aluminum and won't be as rigid as aluminum. I would also swap to Revo shafts if you are having a twisting problem. I run them in my Emaxx and haven't broken one yet.
I got steel CVDs