R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Monster Trucks (https://www.rctech.net/forum/monster-trucks-46/)
-   -   REVO 2008 Platinum Edition or revvo 3.3 or hyper st (https://www.rctech.net/forum/monster-trucks/260307-revo-2008-platinum-edition-revvo-3-3-hyper-st.html)

Elad 12-15-2008 01:42 PM

REVO 2008 Platinum Edition or revvo 3.3 or hyper st

Hi
im just looking to buy a new vicheal to add to my collection im just looking for some advice ive been told between the hyper st truggy and revo 3.3 ive been told the hyper is under powered so im back to the revo apone more research ive come across the revo platinum my question now is the platinum still the same as the revvo or is it a truggy 2nd question is out of the 3 vicheal would you recomend?
cheers for any help im hooked on the platinum so i think that is what im going to get just wondering if any body would happen to no if the ground clearance difference is between the the revo plat and the std revo
any help would be gr8

minittrackmann 12-15-2008 01:53 PM

The platinum edition revo is not a truggy. It is still a monster truck just with a bunch of mods for the track. Such as the wing. Out of the three it would depend on if you are going to race. You have 2 different types of classes there. Monster truck and truggy. I would go with the platinum edition. I have always liked monster trucks.

joe of loath 12-15-2008 01:56 PM

If you have the money the platinum is your best bet. otherwise the new 3.3.

bigsquidracer 12-15-2008 02:44 PM

plat. it is an mt like the other guy said and the hyper is a truggy. ive driven a stock one before and there not under power at all. but plat is fun and great but i would go with the hyper before the plat.

truggzilla 12-16-2008 10:03 AM

with the plat. all options you could want are included, with the truggy your starting at zero.

madmaxx 12-16-2008 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by truggzilla (Post 5173611)
with the plat. all options you could want are included

this made me LOL

truggzilla 12-18-2008 07:05 PM

what is to lol about??? if he gets the std revo you think he will leave it stock, NO, the truggy in his opinion is under powered that means he would probably get another motor for it, then your past the cost of the platinum revo. Besides the radio/gear I really wouldn't change anything on the platinum edition if I was going to race it.

madmaxx 12-20-2008 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by truggzilla (Post 5184296)
what is to lol about???

as someone who own's a SEVERELY modded 5308 and i just can NOT see a reason to spend the extra cash on a platinum.

buy the 5308 and mod it as you please, best bet would be to get a roller and dress it up to your liking's :nod:

just my $0.02

Chris__RC 12-20-2008 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by truggzilla (Post 5184296)
what is to lol about??? if he gets the std revo you think he will leave it stock, NO, the truggy in his opinion is under powered that means he would probably get another motor for it, then your past the cost of the platinum revo. Besides the radio/gear I really wouldn't change anything on the platinum edition if I was going to race it.

Doesnt the plat. editon come with the TQ traxxas radio and traxxas servos? if so, that is an immediate upgrade there. And if you want to race forget about the TRX 3.3 engine.

Traxxas is STILL advertizing how fast their vehicles go!! This one is 45mph.

EDIT: The plat. DOES NOT come with the radio and receiver.

Dirtrider115 12-20-2008 03:09 PM

I'd put my money on the platinum.
I would get one myself but I dont have the money right now.

K.Copeland 12-20-2008 03:31 PM

The Platinum comes with servos but no rx/tx, and no way to start the truck either. You'll need a starter box for it.

Having owned a 2.5r and nearly ever other type of vehicle out there, I must say the Platinum is a very good truck . The 3.3 could use a tad more power, but all in all, I have no complaints. If you can drive, you won't need a big block.

Elad 12-21-2008 01:48 PM

I think the platium is my best bit ive got tx/rx for it spectrum so thats nt a problem just wondering if any one nows if the ride high is the same as for the starter box ive found a link from traxxas that shows you step by step how to convert a normal box it2 1 that is compatable wth the revo limited editiion

JAIELLO 1/8 12-23-2008 06:44 AM

i am the perferct candidate to answer this question.. i own 2 revos and a hyper st. the Hyper is a TRUGGY so it only has one speed. It pulls like a raped ape out of the hole. If you arent going to race,just go head and get a REVO. my stock revo 3.3 just about loses to the hyper in a drag race. My hyper has the Sirio .23 and it flies. My other Revo with the sirio .27 takes it out only because it is a 2 speed. Make up your own mind if i had it my way i would own one of everytruck in production...

Elad 12-23-2008 12:14 PM

lol i think every1 would have one of every kind if they had the money yeah i think im going for the platium depending on the time i get one what one they have in.

OutlawPro3 01-04-2009 07:32 AM

the platnum revo is a very good choice, if your planning on racing it. I suppose you could use it as a basher as well but that would be kind of a waste as the basic 3.3 revo would be perfect for that. The PE is great right out of the box for racing no need to upgrade anything, just add tx/rx and starter box and your set. The hyper is a truggy so if that's what your after it's good. in my opinion MT is a lot of fun both to bash around and race.