Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
TRX 3.3 engine mods >

TRX 3.3 engine mods

TRX 3.3 engine mods

Old 12-14-2008, 04:52 PM
Tech Initiate

Default TRX 3.3 engine mods

Here are some pics of some sleeve and crank work,let me know what ya all think,any direction or crtisicm is appreciated.

[
IMG]http://i38.tinypic.com/fjgdcj.jpg[/IMG]
Old 12-14-2008, 05:03 PM
Tech Initiate

Heres a few more,,cant figure out how to post them any smaller

Old 12-14-2008, 05:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

might want to uhh smooth that out
Old 12-14-2008, 05:12 PM
Tech Initiate

I used to smooth every thing out but I have been doing some research and some say slightly ruff surfaces have testedd to work better.I know how it ran when it had a mirror polish in it so Iam gonna see how this works
Old 12-14-2008, 09:51 PM
Tech Rookie

I've never seen a crank like that. Did you open up the intake on the crank.
Pretty radical on the sleeve. Is it going to be a drag motor?
Make shure you have a good tight rod.
Good luck.
Old 12-15-2008, 11:16 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

yes, he is correct. do not smooth anything out. if you do then it defeats the whole purpose of atomization on the sleeve for the fuel.
Old 12-15-2008, 03:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by dieseldog20
yes, he is correct. do not smooth anything out. if you do then it defeats the whole purpose of atomization on the sleeve for the fuel.
+1

just like on a full sized car engine; rough up the intake side and mirror polish the exhaust.
Old 12-15-2008, 05:28 PM
Tech Initiate

I cant take any credit for any of the research that went into these mods .Somebody much more brilliant,experienced and talented than me has developed and perfected all of this.Iam just playing around and practicing by trial and error.If you want it done right send it to Mark Powerhouse,or just search for him on this sight.Yes it is radical work on the crank and no the timing has not been alltered from stock,for now.The mods on the crank will assist in flow and fuel air mixture delivery.It will also alow for much quicker spool up due to the lightened crank.The port windows (from what I understand)will assist in fuel air mixture pack inot the combustion chamber.I will not know how my handy work perfoms until the spring due to our harsh winter,but I will keep you all posted.

thanks for the input,,,keep it coming
Old 03-16-2009, 09:56 AM
Tech Initiate

Just finished last tank of my breakin and have started getting on the throttle and tunning,and all I can say is wow.It makes sick amounts of power now,never use to wheelie and now it does no problems,idles perfect and temps are 220 and I got more tunning to do yet.The plug and smoke trail tell me Iam a bit rich yet.Iam very happy with the mods thus far,yet to be able to tell about fuel efficiancy yet but its running cooller and making more horse power. I'll get a few more tanks through her and try to get a vid up.

The mods were done by me but the man the ideas come from is brilliant.Thanks Man