Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEW - HPI Brushless Savage Flux

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 07:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I bought one yesterday, and bash tested it.. It holds up to the quality of the savages. The flux is built with all of the Savage X parts. So parts availability will not be a issues. Thats if you can break it.
Old 02-05-2009, 08:15 AM
Tech Addict

Seen some test videos on youtube. Man...it has some crazy power . If you are not careful with the trigger, it will backflip easily. I guess you need a spare body for this . Looks tough too, can take some not so good landing jumps.

Tower has 'em in stock. Kinda pricey for me for now. But you will never know.
Old 02-05-2009, 08:44 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Apparently all the back flipping is tough on the diff pinions - been reading these are giving up after jumping, flipping it a bunch. Diffs are stronger than what any other Savages have used and on 6S it may not be enough if you're bent on raising cain with it.

Everybody has said the shell is getting wasted if you're running it on the street too, so plan on an ebay spare or get used to looking at scratched up shell.

If you think about it, the price is actually less than what you'd expect - a $400 truck with a $280 CC combo. Price is not taking into account all the stronger pieces and other stuff (batt boxes, esc mount etc) HPI put into this ride.

It is expensive, but its apparently one heck of a setup.
Old 02-05-2009, 05:37 PM
Tech Rookie

Yes it is one nice truck . What battery's will we be putting in it lipo's but what size?
Old 02-05-2009, 06:03 PM
Tech Lord

Batteries can't be any bigger than 30.4mm x 51.1mm x 201mm according to what some Flux owners have posted. That not a prob for most of the 3S 5000mah lipos I'm looked at.
Old 02-07-2009, 05:29 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Salt Air
Yes it is one nice truck . What battery's will we be putting in it lipo's but what size?
I am using the 4000mah 11.1v lipos from truerc
Old 02-07-2009, 08:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DHC6
Savage was never track machine, it's always been a Basher, and one of the best bashers out there. My Muggy would never take the beating my Savage takes. If I jumped my Muggy as high and as far as my Savage it would fall apart. So I don't think it's a fare comparison to criticize it's track performance when it was never designed to perform on a track. If you want track performance get something else. As you can see I have both, the Revo and a Savage, they both have their purpose, and are both good at what they do. I have the Mamba system on my E-Revo and heat is not an issue, granted they are not ontop of each other in the Flux, but I am pretty sure it won't be an issue. Both components can run very hot, so I am sure they will be fine. It looks like they put all the good upgrades on the Flux, the steel spur, thicker drive shafts, the good diffs, and the wheelie bar. Should be an awesome basher! Think I might have to add one to the fleet... LOL
Most reasonable post I've seen yet.

Revo's have ALWAYS been a grey area when it comes to racing. Is it a MT or a truggy on roids? Savages were built to bash and they do it damn well.

Sure e-Sav's snap axles etc.....when you start doing BL and Big motor mods that the drivetrain was never designed for. The flux has obviously been built with this kind of powerplant in mind so you'd think it will hold up

It's just like the old Ford vs. Holden argument (you gotta live in Australia to understand that comparison) You'll always have the Savage vs. Maxx groupies. I race RACE cars, but I bash HPI Savage's. With 2 e-Sav's (thanks nexxus) and a Sav XL, I think the flux is the next one in my garage

Stay cool MT brethren...
Old 02-08-2009, 06:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Clippy
Most reasonable post I've seen yet.

Revo's have ALWAYS been a grey area when it comes to racing. Is it a MT or a truggy on roids? Savages were built to bash and they do it damn well.

Sure e-Sav's snap axles etc.....when you start doing BL and Big motor mods that the drivetrain was never designed for. The flux has obviously been built with this kind of powerplant in mind so you'd think it will hold up

It's just like the old Ford vs. Holden argument (you gotta live in Australia to understand that comparison) You'll always have the Savage vs. Maxx groupies. I race RACE cars, but I bash HPI Savage's. With 2 e-Sav's (thanks nexxus) and a Sav XL, I think the flux is the next one in my garage

Stay cool MT brethren...
2nd that.

ooo the devils post number.
Old 02-08-2009, 02:55 PM
Tech Lord

My old 4.6SS is getting a new elect cousin. I ordered a Sav Flux earlier to day and a 2nd charger so I'll be able to network charge/balance 2 batts at same time. ETA early next week, can't wait!!
Old 02-08-2009, 06:47 PM
Tech Addict

Alright!!! I am still fighting the urge to order one. I still use nimh . If ever, I want to fully experience the power of the savage flux brushless system with the maximum volts you can put into.

Where did you order duster? how much?