Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
my losi mini rockcrawler and indoor course >

my losi mini rockcrawler and indoor course

my losi mini rockcrawler and indoor course

Old 09-26-2008, 08:53 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default my losi mini rockcrawler and indoor course

well, i like looking at others' courses, so i figured i'd post up some pics of my own.

first off i made a bunch of different "tables" of different heights, widths, and lengths out of 3/4" plywood sections with treated 4"x4"s used for legs. just make sure you use enuf legs to support the weight of the rock you're gonna put on them ( i used 6 legs on each table ).

i then made a "ravine" by using two different plywood peices ( both were 2' x 3.5' for my application ) and joined them at a 90* angle by using a 4"x4" as an inside "spine" to screw them togather. i then cut some 4"x4"s with their tops at 45* angles to screw into the plywood sides for legs.

to get from one table to another that has a higher elevation, i made "ladders" out of 2' x 4's and made each ladder a certain length to adjust for the degree of elevation that i wanted. i then placed "flatter" and larger rocks on them and they seem to work well.

i also made smaller "tables" to place on top of the larger tables to vary terrain.

all of the rocks that i used were from my property... it helps when you have 30 acres and a creek to take rocks from!

after i completed my course, i realized that it was a little too small dimension-wise for my ax-10, so i went ahead and bought the losi mrc which fits perfect on my course and allows me to run a bunch of different lines on each "table". my course is a total of 37 ft. in length and an average of 3 ft. wide. enjoy the pics!

Old 09-26-2008, 09:40 PM
Tech Regular

Nice course you got there.
Old 09-26-2008, 11:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

very nice course
great pics too