Community
Wiki Posts
Search

what can i do with this beater??

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 06:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)
Default what can i do with this beater??

so i came accross my classic tmaxx with the trx15 in it in storage today..so i brought it home.. the 15 should run .. but i was thinking it would be kool to get out to just rip around the house since i havent actaully owned a rc car to play with in a while ..just been racing .. any chance of making this thing BL? or should i maybe just hunt down a nice .15 or somthing for it? or even any chassis conversions? i dunno just looking for some ideas.. and i dont want to spend a ton of cash..im just going to be jumping it off the porch..roof..lol whatever ....
Old 08-14-2008, 06:54 PM
Tech Elite

the engine looks so tiny lol
Old 08-14-2008, 06:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I bashed one for a while. They are alot of fun. You could make it bl if you made your own motor mounts and battery straps. Have fun.
Old 08-14-2008, 07:22 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Read about a guy converting a 2.5 to BL over on RCM - making a mount to line up a motor with trans was his biggest issue. Its not as straight forward as it may seem. And in the end even if you do get it together, the high weight of the batts and your pre-widemaxx suspension will make it very prone to rolling over. I have a Emaxx that started with the same suspension your pro has and that was the 1st thing I got changed, I couldn't turn it without rolling it. Got tired of always running over to it to flip it over, lol!

Upgrade to widemaxx, so much more stable its unreal - ebay here for set of longer arms and might as well get 3.3 axles too. Any kind of bl will make short work of the stock sliders - believe me I know! You could buy a FLM Emaxx ext chassis - use your stock front and rear ends, and get an emaxx trans. Then just add the batts and bl setup and you've got something!!
Old 08-14-2008, 07:27 PM
Tech Elite

sounding like a wide kit and a new more power .15 may be more realistic?
Old 08-14-2008, 07:29 PM
Tech Elite

+1, I twisted the stock sliders like no tomorrow in my emaxx.

Here is the cheaper and better solution to the widemaxx conversion: http://www.wheelextensions.com/
Old 08-14-2008, 07:31 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BigAlz
sounding like a wide kit and a new more power .15 may be more realistic?
Yes, you could always drop in a .18 OS or a .15
Old 08-14-2008, 07:42 PM
Tech Elite

theres alot of wider stock 3.3 and 2.5 i guess maxx arm sets on ebay ..they look like they will work? but im not sure what was changed from truck to truck...
Old 08-15-2008, 03:46 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I started with a used Emaxx and soon realized it was the Emaxx that came out with Pro-15. Since these stock plastic bulks are weak to begin with, I bought a set of gray 3.3 plastic bulks, set of 3.3 suspension arms, 3.3 drive axles and a set of 3.3 turnbuckles. It was a direct swap and yours will be the same. You have to change TBs since the arms are longer, stock ones can't be used anymore. Later - soon I might add, my diffs started going so I bought a set of 16.8 Emaxx diffs and replaced those a well. Those fit without probs too. Try to find a seller that is selling it all together - that way the suspension settings (camber and toe) will be close from the start.

I think the other big change .15 to 2.5 was changing to slide carb and the linkage changes that was needed to make that happen. If you want to stay nitro, get a OS 18 CV-RX rotary carb model, thats the same exhaust and everything. Or you can do the TRX engine swap and upgrade to a 2.5, buy the kit for the new linkage, or upgrade all the way to the 3.3. The 2.5 and 3.3 are a little more 'challenging' to tune (their sweet spot is narrower), but they are pretty solid motors. I'm running an OS 18TM in one of mine and the other is still pretty much stock 2.5. You'll have a hard time finding a .15 MT type engine these days - most everybody jumped to .18.

Heck, if the .15 still runs, run it that way til you want to start making changes.
Old 08-25-2008, 06:02 PM
Tech Initiate

man that thing is junk, send it to me and ill see to it that it get thrown away

anyway, go with the rotory carb OS .18cvr and your stock exhaust will work to, till it trashes your drivetrain
Old 08-25-2008, 09:57 PM
Tech Elite

i think im just going to sell it or trade it for some cen matrix tr parts