Newest T-Maxx 3.3 or newest Revo 3.3???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Newest T-Maxx 3.3 or newest Revo 3.3???

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 09:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Newest T-Maxx 3.3 or newest Revo 3.3???

I looked to see first if I was starting a thread that had been done before and didn't see one. Here we go. I have decided that my next MT will be either the new T-Maxx or the new Revo. I am strictly a basher and bash and jump on my home-made track in the backyard. They both have great improvements and look really great now also. I know the Revo is about $100 more, but that really doesn't matter a whole lot. Which would some of you buy. I think Traxxas has also improved them so much that they are not prone to breaking as much anymore. All opinions will be greatly welcomed. Thanks.
Old 08-04-2008, 09:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I'd go Revo
Old 08-04-2008, 11:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I Know this is a T-maxx Revo site , but if you are just bashing you should buy a savage.

T-Maxx is for 5 year olds . Have personally seen 3 Break i half.

Revo is for the track. Nobody i Know even owns one.

But opinion are like a holes i Quess.

It's Your money
Old 08-04-2008, 11:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I Know this is a T-maxx Revo site , but if you are just bashing you should buy a savage.

T-Maxx is for 5 year olds . Have personally seen 3 Break i half.

Revo is for the track. Nobody i Know even owns one.

But opinions are like a holes i Quess.

It's Your money
Old 08-04-2008, 03:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I recommend the T-Maxx
Old 08-04-2008, 04:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

From what I have seen, the T-Maxx looks like it has been toughened up considerably. Lets hear from some of you Traxxas fans.
Old 08-04-2008, 09:44 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 440 (99%+)

I have owned every single version of the Tmaxx from the original all the way to the current newest one that I own that is the forward only tmaxx 3.3.

I also have owned about 6 or 7 revos. My honest opinion if your only choices for bashing are between the new tmaxx or revo I would say get the new tmaxx for sure.

This newest tmaxx 3.3 is built like a tank and it flies. I hit a well with mine last week at full clip in second gear and all that happened was a shock cap popped off and a tiny piece of the AA holder broke. I had the truck back running within a couple minutes. The revo is way better suited for the track then it is backyard bashing. I'm not saying the revo can't be bashed, but I know for a fact it won't hold up as well. Everything on the new tmaxx is beefed up from the previous 3.3 version that already had a ton of improvements over the older 2.5 versions.

Get the 2008 version Tmaxx 3.3 and you will be happy for sure.

My second choice is for a team losi lst 2. I have seen several in person hold up to quite some abuse.

Next is for a HPI Savage 4.6 rtr. The savages are beyond tough. I have put some of my savages through some crazy stuff and they never broke.
Old 08-05-2008, 03:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hey BCHIZZ, I see you are from Owensboro, KY. Buy a Revo and come and race on Saturday nights with us at Golfland. At least come and check out the track before you buy anything. There are nothing but the nicest of people that run the show and race there and all are very helpful. On site hobby shop that keeps a lot of stock also.
Old 08-06-2008, 12:07 PM
Tech Addict

Do you guys know if this will fit the Revo or T-maxx? Its a dry layer filter cover for your air filter, it makes the filter foams last 3 time longer.

Does it look like it might fit?

Heres a pic..

link...
http://stores.ebay.com/UndergroundRCParts