Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A Good Monster Truck

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 07:15 PM
Tech Rookie

Default LMAO @ REVO

Dude, where should I start, yes Revo had a few years running championships in MT, but that is expected when ROAR and RC PRO rewrites the rules to allow a 1/10 scale to race with 1/8 scale trucks. Boast all you like but the Revo is just a truggy with a 2 speed. I have had just about every MT you can think of including a Revo, and the Revo was my least favorite! I currently kick Revo ass on a weekly basis with my LST2, if you want the best all around basher and racer accept no substitute! LST2! Whenever I hear a revo guy bashing an LST, I know its because he got his ass handed to him by one.
In closing I'll ask just one question, Which MT won the 2008 Monster Truck Nationals?
Whats that, I couldnt hear you?
Oh I get it, it pains you to say the words. Allow me,LST2
Old 09-27-2008, 05:12 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GotNitro?
Dude, where should I start, yes Revo had a few years running championships in MT, but that is expected when ROAR and RC PRO rewrites the rules to allow a 1/10 scale to race with 1/8 scale trucks. Boast all you like but the Revo is just a truggy with a 2 speed. I have had just about every MT you can think of including a Revo, and the Revo was my least favorite! I currently kick Revo ass on a weekly basis with my LST2, if you want the best all around basher and racer accept no substitute! LST2! Whenever I hear a revo guy bashing an LST, I know its because he got his ass handed to him by one.
In closing I'll ask just one question, Which MT won the 2008 Monster Truck Nationals?
Whats that, I couldnt hear you?
Oh I get it, it pains you to say the words. Allow me,LST2
Your big cry for the LST2 is that it won the 08 MT Nationals? Do you even know what happened for the your big bad Revo Killer to win? I want to hear you say it!! Cause the facts are that once again it was playing second fiddle to what? Let me say it for you,REVO I know it hurts to have to admite it. LOL You have now been officially E-stroyed LOL

Last edited by DWood; 09-28-2008 at 10:29 PM.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:32 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

get a real monster truck and buy my new fg bigfoot truck it is 1/6th scale and runs off regular gas, motor is like 31/2 hp zenoha $800.00 plus shipping and its yours look it up

https://018bd34.netsolstores.com/ind...OD&ProdID=1270
Old 10-07-2008, 11:40 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/166331...er_ford_jumps/
Old 10-07-2008, 01:53 PM
Tech Rookie

What about the Losi Aftershock?
Old 10-07-2008, 06:32 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Munsonator08
get a real monster truck and buy my new fg bigfoot truck it is 1/6th scale and runs off regular gas, motor is like 31/2 hp zenoha $800.00 plus shipping and its yours look it up

Am I reading it right? 3 1/2 hp? The video was impressive, that thing got like 2 ft of air. Man what fun!! Please tell me that was not your attempt at making somebody want that turd!

Last edited by DWood; 10-08-2008 at 11:13 AM.
Old 10-08-2008, 06:39 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Munsonator08

I'm new so i don't know, but is it common to have ads in the thread post?
Old 10-08-2008, 12:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

If you're just bashing, T-Maxx, either the 2.5 or 3.3

2.5= $390 round there
3.3= $430 round there

Not to be mean Munsonator08, but a GST 7.7 has 5 hp, and it's a nitro, so it's stronger than a 1/6???? Possible..........You sure you're looking at it right?
Old 10-10-2008, 09:24 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TCRacer101
If you're just bashing, T-Maxx, either the 2.5 or 3.3

2.5= $390 round there
3.3= $430 round there

Not to be mean Munsonator08, but a GST 7.7 has 5 hp, and it's a nitro, so it's stronger than a 1/6???? Possible..........You sure you're looking at it right?
Monster GT SE 4.6 from Ultimate Hobbies = $369.
Old 10-10-2008, 04:06 PM
Tech Rookie

Get a savage x, i had a t-maxx that i thought i got a good deal on. Man was I wrong, just kept putting money in that piece of junk. Nobody wants a smallblock monster truck that breaks every time you drive it. All i have to say about the lst2 is who the heck wants to spend $600 on a basher. He didn't say he wanted to race. I have gotten rid of my t-maxx and purchased another savage. I have a savage .25 and a savage x 4.6. My savage .25 currently has a $100 (find them anywhere for this price new) axial .28 on it. My savage x is mostly stock. IT IS VERY HARD TO BREAK THESE TRUCKS. The only thing i have broken on either one is spur gears, just because i didn't have them meshed properly. I ran my savage .25 (considered to be a little weaker in some areas than the x) head on into a pole at wide open throttle, not one thing broke on that truck, it was after this that i decided to throw the traxxas out and get my other savage. You can put the lst2 shocks on them and they look and handle great. Not to mention, optional 3 speed transmission. I really don't know if any other monster trucks offer a 3 speed upgrade, but i don't think so. The toughest nitro r/c i have ever seen. Very inexpensive to repair, that is if you ever actually have to. Easy to upgrade, and there are very many upgrades out there for these trucks. The savage xl already has a bad name, only because the 5.9 engine it comes with are not quality. Some of these motors left the factory with shavings in them, when not cleaned before running, the shavings demolished the piston and sleeves of the engines. The 5.9 engines are only good for low end anyway, totally not worth the price. I have never heard a bad word about the f4.6 or k4.6 engines they put in the x models. I love mine to death, and it doesn't just have wheelies on demand, it is downright dirty when you open it up. I picked my x up brand new on ebay for $300.
Old 10-10-2008, 10:44 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by johnnypoopoopan
Get a savage x, i had a t-maxx that i thought i got a good deal on. Man was I wrong, just kept putting money in that piece of junk. Nobody wants a smallblock monster truck that breaks every time you drive it. All i have to say about the lst2 is who the heck wants to spend $600 on a basher. He didn't say he wanted to race. I have gotten rid of my t-maxx and purchased another savage. I have a savage .25 and a savage x 4.6. My savage .25 currently has a $100 (find them anywhere for this price new) axial .28 on it. My savage x is mostly stock. IT IS VERY HARD TO BREAK THESE TRUCKS. The only thing i have broken on either one is spur gears, just because i didn't have them meshed properly. I ran my savage .25 (considered to be a little weaker in some areas than the x) head on into a pole at wide open throttle, not one thing broke on that truck, it was after this that i decided to throw the traxxas out and get my other savage. You can put the lst2 shocks on them and they look and handle great. Not to mention, optional 3 speed transmission. I really don't know if any other monster trucks offer a 3 speed upgrade, but i don't think so. The toughest nitro r/c i have ever seen. Very inexpensive to repair, that is if you ever actually have to. Easy to upgrade, and there are very many upgrades out there for these trucks. The savage xl already has a bad name, only because the 5.9 engine it comes with are not quality. Some of these motors left the factory with shavings in them, when not cleaned before running, the shavings demolished the piston and sleeves of the engines. The 5.9 engines are only good for low end anyway, totally not worth the price. I have never heard a bad word about the f4.6 or k4.6 engines they put in the x models. I love mine to death, and it doesn't just have wheelies on demand, it is downright dirty when you open it up. I picked my x up brand new on ebay for $300.
Your talking about these hpi motors like they are top of the line. I assure you I am more than willing to put a stock 3.3 against the hpi's. Bottom line you still have an HPI product. I mean its not exactly like they are in high demand. Think there might be a reason for that? Once again just my dumb 2 cents. Not that I actually know anything.
Old 10-13-2008, 12:56 AM
Tech Rookie

Get a Monster GT 4.6 or Revo!