Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
A Good Monster Truck >

A Good Monster Truck

A Good Monster Truck

Old 07-18-2008, 09:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

i would say a savage also. that is the only one that i bash. i hit a tree wide open and it broke a bulkhead brace but i could still drive it. look at some vids on youtube and see what people are doing with them. the video of the melted one that still ran is enough to impress.
Old 07-20-2008, 11:34 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

LST2 all the way. Other trucks are OK, but LST2 is great basher - and when you decide you wanna do a little racing, the LST2 is basically ready; just needs new tires and you're competitive.

-
Old 07-26-2008, 06:17 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Akhor View Post
I'd still think about the lst2. It's a little more expensive, but it is very durable and great for any style track or backyard. Not to mention that the radio it comes with DSM.

I would not buy a MGT, seeing all the issues it has. However I also like the savage.

Just personal opinion. You need to do your research on what is going to suit you best.
What MGT issues are you alking about?
Old 07-26-2008, 06:30 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chevy-SS View Post
LST2 all the way. Other trucks are OK, but LST2 is great basher - and when you decide you wanna do a little racing, the LST2 is basically ready; just needs new tires and you're competitive.

-
Aww Chevy, I hought you were a MGT guy?
Old 07-27-2008, 11:04 PM
Tech Adept

Why hasnt anyone said anything about the best monster truck on the market. Revo or TMaxx. Great racer,great basher, great customer support. Lifetime engine replacement.
Old 07-27-2008, 11:44 PM
Tech Adept

if i was getting a monster truck just for bashing i would get the t maxx so u dont gotta worry bout glow starters or pull starting it cuz those 2 things can take the fun out of bashing
Old 07-28-2008, 05:41 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by DWood View Post
Why hasnt anyone said anything about the best monster truck on the market. Revo or TMaxx. Great racer,great basher, great customer support. Lifetime engine replacement.
Ouch, don't buy a T-Maxx. They suck. I have 3 of them, all bought about 6 years ago, when I was very naive about monster trucks. The T-Maxx is a POJ. The Revo is, in fact, a pretty good racer. But I would not buy a Revo for bashing.

-
Old 07-29-2008, 07:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I recommend the savage
Old 07-31-2008, 06:02 PM
Tech Rookie

iv had a savage 25 for about 5yrs now as a better and all i can say is i couldnt ask for a better truck. if something breaks its easy to fix and easy to find the parts theres alot of hop ups for it and its overall a very easy truck to maintain. soon im giong to need a new body but iv never had to replace anything eles from wear yet other then things i broke.
Old 08-02-2008, 10:38 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by skippi15 View Post
i am looking for a MT around $400 what should i get

Skippi 15,

check this short video out ,not much but it will give you a offroad idea in a racing format,,,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsMYcV4B7Fo

# the little trucks are T Maxx

# the truck with the SUV lid is a Savage

# the yellow & black truck is a MGT MOD with

-LST2 shocks F& R

- gas tank ( mount in the rear behind the engine>> like the LST2 (for quick fueling)

-Hi torque JR servo..

The MGT is a very nice truck with the MODS, ( yes that is my MGT in the video)

Race you later......
Old 08-08-2008, 05:49 PM
Tech Initiate

I'm going to have agree on not going for the Traxxas T-maxx or Revo. I've owned two versions of the T-maxx and just sold my Revo. After running some of the other trucks out there the Traxxas are just money sucker in the long run! I presently am running a MGT 8.0! One Bad mutha! Wheelie's on demand, More power than can be actually used in stock form, Great Sled puller modified! Presently I'm pulling around #70 in a challanger 3 axle sled! Keep in mind the truck now weighs almost #40 now instead of the original #17 stock weight. Tried racing and Bashing with it. It's too much power and doesn't hold together real well in the steering for rough abuse. If I were going to be doing more of that I would be far more looking at the LST2. I'm also fond of the after shock and Raminator. both are basically the same truck but the after shock is more built for racing where the Raminator seems to be more run by sled pullers. As for the savage, again the guys here have hit a nail on the head. The older savage is alot better built that the XL but the XL has the out of the hole power over the original. These are my opinions as I'm around all these truck three out of four weeknds that I'm at the track. I'm getting more and more involved with the Buggy and Truugy racing but I'll still be pulling even when there isn't any racing going on!
Old 08-09-2008, 10:10 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

i dont suggest any nitro monster truck. u will spend most of ur time workin on it or gettin it to run right, or replacing parts.....not running it

R
Old 08-10-2008, 10:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

What about seeing what your local hobby shop carries? No matter what you buy, your gonna need parts, they all break. If you hav to go on line to get basic stuff, OK, but it is a delay. Prices are usually cheaper on line but you gotta wait. I have an LST2 and love it, but have to get all my stuff on line, because they are not popular in KC area and so no one has parts. I have enough spare stuff bought on ebay and such to darn near build a second one. Not every one can do that. You asked what about Aftershock? It is kind of a hybrid between lst1 and 2. They weak areas it inherited from the LST1 are the arms and thinner axles. Upgrading it to a LST2 is another 175.00+ dollars! Seems most hobby shops carry the Savage, and it is usually pretty durable. So for bashing, the lst2 or savage. Revo's and Tmaxx's are out!!! too fragile..
Old 08-28-2008, 01:27 AM
Tech Rookie

Default thunder tiger sledge bk 50

any one know much about the thunder tiger sledgehammer 50??
whats the best fuel to use??
Old 09-24-2008, 09:52 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Chevy-SS View Post
Ouch, don't buy a T-Maxx. They suck. I have 3 of them, all bought about 6 years ago, when I was very naive about monster trucks. The T-Maxx is a POJ. The Revo is, in fact, a pretty good racer. But I would not buy a Revo for bashing.

-
Yea 6 yr old design can you say out dated? I mean think about it a 6 yr old computer doesnt really keep up with the latest and greatest. Its the best selling and best truck on the market hands down. Thats no opinion just based on numbers fact. The people that are saying get a Losi LST2. If I want a basher I want a good truck not a fat overweight pig of a truck. The Traxxas trucks have dominated the market for 10 yrs plain and simple and its not because they suck. Revo a pretty good race truck? Just one question who has been dominating the Moster truck class for many years now? TRAXXAS once again facts not opinion. But opinions are like buttholes everyone has one and they all stink.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.