Revo Conversion Battery Options >

Revo Conversion Battery Options

Revo Conversion Battery Options

Old 07-11-2008, 05:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)
Default Revo Conversion Battery Options

Hello all!

I recently purchased a converted 3.3 revo that has a Feigao 9XL. This is my first stab at a BL setup. I am a basher first and foremost so please keep that in mind when you see the next section.

I would like to run a single NiMH IB4200 with a Mamba Max. Will this setup work? The main reason for not going LiPo is because it seems like a rather large investment for something that would only live in the Revo (have aTC4, Stampede, Villian.... see where I'm going with this?) not to mention a new charger, balancer, etc.

I can run 2 batteries in the Revo if need be but wanted to hear from some people who are a little more "up" on the current tech.

TIA!
Old 07-11-2008, 08:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

u wont get much power with the 1 6 cell. u might have to run 2 and then it still might not be enough cause your weight the car down with those nimh. i would just run 2 2cell lipos and run them on your revo as a 4 cell and you can run the 2 cells on all your other cars too.
Old 07-12-2008, 09:02 PM
Tech Initiate

Yeah, I have to agree. I don't think NiXX have any place being on a Revo. Going to lipos isn't that bad. I'm running 2 2-cell 8000mah lipos in series in my Revo and if I need to I can run them separately in my stadium truck. You can get a couple of TrueRC packs and maybe an FMA Direct Cellpro 4s charger with an adapter to charge both batteries as a 4-cell. That would cost about $250 for the 2 lipos and charger.

You could use NiXX on the Revo, but you would have to use at least 12 or 14 cells to get good power. The problem with that setup is finding space and also the truck would be really heavy. It would probably land like a brick after a jump.