Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Just Starting out w/ ?s

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2008, 12:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Just Starting out w/ ?s

I am looking to get my first monster truck how is the stampede vxl does anybody know. Is that a good starter truck or not. any help would be great
Old 06-13-2008, 02:33 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The stampede is a great truck. The VXL will definitely satisfy your need for speed with the right batteries. My first truck was a stampede. I have had it for over a year. Just this spring I broke my first part on it... the rear body mount. It is one tough truck! Mine was the standard stampede with a 7700 brushless setup. IT RIPS!!!

The truck is pretty squirly on loose dirt with the brushless, but lots of fun, it can take lots of jumps without any trouble at all. Plus the VXL will give you some high speed power. Electric is pretty easy to use, grab some lipo batteries or maybe just one, a good charger, read the instructions on everything and you'll have lots of enjoyment!!
Old 06-13-2008, 04:39 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by cutwo
The stampede is a great truck. The VXL will definitely satisfy your need for speed with the right batteries. My first truck was a stampede. I have had it for over a year. Just this spring I broke my first part on it... the rear body mount. It is one tough truck! Mine was the standard stampede with a 7700 brushless setup. IT RIPS!!!

The truck is pretty squirly on loose dirt with the brushless, but lots of fun, it can take lots of jumps without any trouble at all. Plus the VXL will give you some high speed power. Electric is pretty easy to use, grab some lipo batteries or maybe just one, a good charger, read the instructions on everything and you'll have lots of enjoyment!!
Yep- totally agree w/"cutwo" re:VXL. Mine is powered w/3s 5000 LiPo and it indeed does fly!
Old 06-13-2008, 07:41 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

For starting out, identify first exactly what it is you want to do or plan to do.

If you are on a budget that doesn't allow multiple vehicles, really think hard about what you want to do, especially if you want to race.

Now, that being said, the stampede vxl is a good vehicle for what it is.

If you can swing it, the 3905 Emaxx is very good too. I am happy with the one I have for sure.
Old 06-14-2008, 10:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I wouldn't consider the Stampede a "monster truck". If you're looking for a real monster truck I would go w/ an E-Maxx or an E-Savage. Either truck will bash w/ the best of 'em. But definitely go Lipo with any electric trck you decide to get.
Old 06-16-2008, 09:20 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rogueldr
I wouldn't consider the Stampede a "monster truck".
I would - It is a 2WD Monser Truck
Old 06-16-2008, 10:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I'm really happy with the E-Maxx, mine is bone stock (for now) and I love it.
Old 06-16-2008, 11:11 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

What battery packs are you running Hide?
Old 06-17-2008, 05:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by pull-start
I would - It is a 2WD Monser Truck
No objection!!

Its a monster truck built for SPEED!!! Its fly over the bumpest roads with jaw dropping speeds!!!