Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
venom temp fail safe questions >

venom temp fail safe questions

venom temp fail safe questions

Old 04-16-2008, 05:15 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default venom temp fail safe questions

are any of you guys using the venom temp fail safe? whatcha think of it? does it fail safe for both low voltage and high engine temps? thanks!
Old 04-16-2008, 06:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I ran one before my Futaba FASST radio came with an integrated failsafe, and I really liked it. Being able to cut the throttle down to a set level when the engine starts to overheat is a big plus. It even has a "telltale button", it keeps track of the hottest temperature the engine reached during a run, so you don't have to rush out to the car with a temp gun to get an accurate reading. Once you get all the little doodads set and all the wiring routed, they're very handy units. And yes, it does act like a regular failsafe for detecting low voltage.

You may want to consider either gluing the case shut with CA or wrapping it with a zip tie to keep it together, as it can pop apart and all the guts go flying around inside your car. Also, you should compare the failsafe's temp reading against a regular temp gun, because as handy as it might be, it's not the most accurate thing on the planet. Mine typically read about 10F colder than what the engine was actually running. Keep that number in mind and adjust your overheat settings to compensate, and you'll be ready to go.
Old 04-16-2008, 06:26 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

thanks bud, that was just the info i was lookin for!