R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Monster Trucks (https://www.rctech.net/forum/monster-trucks-46/)
-   -   T/E Maxx Thread (https://www.rctech.net/forum/monster-trucks/2120-t-e-maxx-thread.html)

Modena AL 12-28-2001 01:37 AM

T/E Maxx Thread

A thread for all you T/E Maxx owners so you can talk about anything Maxx. I just got my emaxx this week. This truck is unlike anything I have ever driven. Since it is almost 4 in the morning.....i must go to bed....

Jarrod Langlois 12-28-2001 09:46 AM

i got my tmaxx in the fall of 2000 and had some problems getting it running but that was because i was new to nitro. since then i have added a few things like brushed aluminum skid plates, powerline blue aluminum chassis braces, and powerline aluminum bulkheads front and rear. and also rpm bulkhead braces. im probably going to get a receiver pack, proline suspension kit and mip 360 stinger exhaust. i love the truck, how bout everyone else?:)

Modena AL 12-28-2001 10:49 AM

I love mine. I'll be getting the proline suspension kit too. Others features im adding are the aluminum chassis, aluminum braces, titanium skidplates, etc. Of course, the Modified motors will be added also :D.

I havent found any terrain that could stop the emaxx....except for the counter at hobbyland which broke the bulkheads and skidplate, but i don't think that really counts as terrain...

Jarrod Langlois 12-28-2001 02:45 PM

ya if i had an emaxx id definatly go for the mod motors too.

Modena AL 12-28-2001 05:42 PM

after about 10 runs did you tmaxx front end sag down? on mine the front end only rebounds halfway....:confused:

Jarrod Langlois 12-29-2001 10:49 AM

Al,yes it did i think i need to put fresh shock oil in the shocks. The suspension is not a springy

Modena AL 12-29-2001 09:15 PM

I'm going to do that when it gets real bad. I dont think it helped when I bent that shock shaft and some oil leaked out...LOL, oh well :cool:

We can't be the only two that have a maxx truck here....where are the rest of you maxx people at :confused:

Jarrod Langlois 12-31-2001 06:23 AM

ya cmon everyone we wanna hear about your trucks.

stinks about the bent shock shaft, that will help oil leaks.:(

TPhalen 12-31-2001 06:50 AM

First of all, DITCH THE STOCK SHOCKS!!! They suck bigtime...the plastic bodies just do nothing to help performance. Second, throw AWAY the stock 2055 steering servo. That is another weak point of the truck. On the T-Maxx, you can move the 2055 over to the throttle and throw out the 2018 servo.

Modena - Tip: Remove the 2-speed servo and all it's related parts. Push the '2-speed lever' -IN- and install a screw into the chassis to keep it in 2nd gear. Now, install faster motors and re-gear the truck slightly for the taller gearset.

I did this on mine (of course, I'm running 2 8x2 TI motors). You will STILL have TONS of accelleration (my truck just flips itself over if I pin it from a standstill) and still have the top end (since you will be using the 2nd speed gearset). Best of both worlds.

sprintr 12-31-2001 07:53 AM

the stock shocks work fine..change the oil to 70-80 and put a 1/4 spacer to limit shock travel and lower the truck for racing..keep the aluminum parts to a min. so you truck doesn`t end up being a 1 ton tank..it doesn`t really need any except for the lower braces and skid plates..switch to a 5 cell AAA (triple) NCMH battery(TMAXX),get a faster and stronger steering servo and a quicker throttle servo(TMAXX)

Modena AL 12-31-2001 08:03 AM

I'm thinking about getting a set of theses shocks from Progressive Suspension

http://www.progressivesuspension.com...ock_yellow.jpg

I like that BEEFY shock shaft....of course, the body and the reservoir will have to be factory team BLUE.

Thanks for the tips on the two speed TPhalen. I will definitnity be doing that when I get the new motors. Has anyone tried the Maxx motors by trinity? I think the pro motor is 12/D...

sprinter - I'll be putting some of that oil in my shocks this week. Unfortunately, I work in a LHS and ordered all the hardcore parts for myself...maybe the new motors will get it moving with all thsoe aluminum parts on there

sprintr 12-31-2001 08:11 AM

well..if you have to parts coming you might as well use them..but you can lighten them up with some well place holes..use a hand drill,I removed weight off my Maxx like that.I use the stock shocks(lighter than alum,just not as cool) and never had a problem..the more your maxx weighs the harder it is for it to accell,stop,turn jump and it is also harder on all the parts that have to support the extra weight...lighter is faster,longer run times

TSR6 12-31-2001 09:49 AM

Originally posted by sprintr
the stock shocks work fine..change the oil to 70-80 and put a 1/4 spacer to limit shock travel and lower the truck for racing..
The problem with the stock shocks, is they leak. Even our demo E-maxx at work leaks just from driving it around at work. Our display T-maxx has leaked slightly just from people pushing the truck down. The Aluminum shocks are definately a good idea to get.

sprintr 12-31-2001 10:21 AM

okay..I havn`t had that problem yet.my daughter and I both race them here in Pa,I have a Novarossi on mine and a Picco on hers.M8 radios,258 servos..they work pretty well

TSR6 12-31-2001 10:57 AM

Thats cool, My brother hasn't had a problem with his shocks leaking yet either, i just checked, but he only has about 6-7 tanks in it... but unfortunately, every other T/E maxx i have seen leaks. Usually not major, but still enough to matter after a couple runs.

The stock Rustler shocks do the same...