Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
Muggy or revo 3.3 >

Muggy or revo 3.3

Muggy or revo 3.3

Old 04-05-2008, 10:31 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by brentmorl
I 2nd the motion that you add a LST2 on your options cuz they are revo eaters faster more powerful and more durable
If LST2's are such Revo eaters..Why is the Revo still National Champion?
Old 04-05-2008, 11:09 AM
Tech Elite

Good question, let me think.... REVO!!!
Old 04-05-2008, 11:16 AM
EG1
Tech Regular

This forum is big on the REVO so asking this question will result in a win for the traxxas.

If you want the toughest 4wd basher and don't want any hassles get yourself a truggy and bash that. I've owned everything and NOTHING will take a beating like a truggy. Buggies are just as tough, but not good for bashing due to having no ground clearance.

Both the savage & LST2 are better bashers than the revo, but don't take my word do some research. Get out of this forum and check out some others. Ask about the lst on savages forums and vice versa to get honest answers.

If the question was for a racing MT stock? Sure the revo would get the nod, but bashing? no way bro, I've owned'em all, raced and bashed...
Old 04-05-2008, 02:06 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by EG1
This forum is big on the REVO so asking this question will result in a win for the traxxas.

If you want the toughest 4wd basher and don't want any hassles get yourself a truggy and bash that. I've owned everything and NOTHING will take a beating like a truggy. Buggies are just as tough, but not good for bashing due to having no ground clearance.

Both the savage & LST2 are better bashers than the revo, but don't take my word do some research. Get out of this forum and check out some others. Ask about the lst on savages forums and vice versa to get honest answers.

If the question was for a racing MT stock? Sure the revo would get the nod, but bashing? no way bro, I've owned'em all, raced and bashed...

i've not met anyone that could have said that better.
I agree completely
Old 04-05-2008, 04:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

IMO

Losi has the most rugged monster truggy if not the only one!!!! hands down !!!!!
But I did find a all integy aluminum savage with a OS30 VG engine.

I gave him a price of 200.oo so we'll see !!!! BIGGER IS BETTER!!!!

REVO has been torn down by society and remodeled into a truggy !!! Starting out as a fine MT..... Not sure its a Monster Truggy though? Just speaking in true scale!
Old 04-06-2008, 01:41 AM
Tech Lord

The original question was on the muggy and the revo..The Muggy is not really a MT by the pure definition of a Monster Truck, It's a Truggy with LST suspension, If you were going to race it you would be put in with the Truggys..I thought the Muggy was a cool idea for bashing, I dont own one but I have driven one around the track, Stock it felt heavy and sluggish, Smaller tires 17mm hubs made a big difference in the way the Muggy performed..I already have Truggys so I got a Revo and I must say I am happy with it..Mine does have a ton of mods done to it to make it perform even better on the track..I say get what you want to get and dont worry bout the haters..
Old 04-06-2008, 12:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Wink

Originally Posted by Oasis
The original question was on the muggy and the revo..The Muggy is not really a MT by the pure definition of a Monster Truck, It's a Truggy with LST suspension, If you were going to race it you would be put in with the Truggys..I thought the Muggy was a cool idea for bashing, I dont own one but I have driven one around the track, Stock it felt heavy and sluggish, Smaller tires 17mm hubs made a big difference in the way the Muggy performed..I already have Truggys so I got a Revo and I must say I am happy with it..Mine does have a ton of mods done to it to make it perform even better on the track..I say get what you want to get and dont worry bout the haters..
You said it bro, get what fits you the most. I got me a savage 4.6
Old 04-06-2008, 11:10 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by bre1979
You said it bro, get what fits you the most. I got me a savage 4.6
..Spent all day bashing a Savage today..I had one that I just gave to my GF's son..Forgot how much fun that thing was..I think I need to put my other one back together
Old 04-09-2008, 06:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

you shouldnt even have to think about this go with the LOSI MUGGY its a great all around truck bashing/racing the revo dosent even have a chance against the muggy the revo... ive owned both of them and i thought the revo was a little under built but it was plenty fast but dont get me wrong the muggy is fast to

MUGGY

Last edited by superdave2; 04-11-2008 at 09:07 PM.
Old 04-10-2008, 06:23 PM
EG1
Tech Regular

Translation?
Old 04-13-2008, 08:08 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by doberman_luvr
I would say a Savage..proven basher...
Two savage' in the family
Old 04-14-2008, 03:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Out of the two mentioned I would say get the Revo as I have had both and the Muggy did give me fits with the clutch as soon as I started driving it.The Mach 427 was easier to tune than the 3.3 and both are fast out of the box for monster trucks.I have never owned a Savage so I can't say anything about them but most of the stuff that I have read has been positive and I would even like to try one out someday.I personally recommend the LST2 over both of the vehicles mentioned as I also had one of those and it was a beast of a truck with a great motor,radio and it was a very tough truck and I had no issues with it.The Revo is a little bit of a hassle to work on as everything is so close together on the chassis but it is a great truck.I don't even have a Revo anymore but I still have to fix some of my buddies trucks when they have issues with their Revos and you will get used to working on it with time.

Last edited by HWYSHREDDER78; 04-14-2008 at 07:23 PM.
Old 04-14-2008, 06:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Default um

got a friend that has a revo and a muggy he likes his muggy more then as he says to quote him his pos revo
Old 04-14-2008, 07:10 PM
Tech Lord

Well I'm sure everyone has got a "friend" that has something to say about something and it's never good....I actually Own a Revo and I like mine..It's not a pos..And if it was honestly a pos why does Traxxas out sell everything? Because to be honest it's NOT a POS.. Opinions are just that, but when it's an opinion that's based on someone Else's opinion on something that you dont own..where would you put that one..In the yea I'll go with that one or where it should go..in the hater file..I think threads like this one should have a disclaimer..speak up only if you actually own one....