Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
CEN Nemesis-is it junk?  Ive broken 2 parts >

CEN Nemesis-is it junk? Ive broken 2 parts

CEN Nemesis-is it junk? Ive broken 2 parts

Old 03-02-2008, 10:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sharkman
One of our local guys had a cen truggy. after about 1 and 1/2 months of not finishing races he took it off the track and slammed it on the ground in disgust and frustration.

Oh and btw he races a revo in mt class and has no trouble finishing a race (that in itself is a huge indicator) so he is not a newbie.
mabey he wasnt a good driver in truggy or didnt know how to prepare for his races
Old 03-03-2008, 12:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

being able to finish a race with a revo on a regular basis is obviously saying something about his prep/driving skills. I dont care what you say, its tough to make a revo finish a race on a regular basis.
Old 03-03-2008, 07:47 AM
Tech Master

he never said he races it on a regular basis
Old 03-03-2008, 09:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wes95_z28
being able to finish a race with a revo on a regular basis is obviously saying something about his prep/driving skills. I dont care what you say, its tough to make a revo finish a race on a regular basis.

My point exactly.
Old 03-03-2008, 11:30 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by van1
As the title says Ive broken 2 parts and havent even been able to run it though a full tank of gas. I broke an upper arm and the shaft that hold the tire/hex on at the pin. I am wondering if it is worth upgrading or is thing going to keep breaking on me. I can say I am a diehard electric...but this thing seems to start right up for me. So it starts easy...but it keeps breaking. I was acually starting to like Nito to. Any one race them?
i know it may be alittle late to say this but breaking stuff is half the fun. thinking about giving up after break two parts on your car before a full tank of fuel is rediculous in my opinion. granted electric can be just as fast or faster than nitro but electri you might not break as much. having a nitro car and breaking stuff is fun.... they wouldnt call it bashing for nothing. my point is.... just because you break something doesnt mean you have to quite at it because you might not think you are that good at it.... thats why its called practice for a reason. when you practice and break stuff it is only benefiting you in the long run, granted it hurts in the wallet....lol.... but its worth it.

thats my opinion.

Good luck
Old 03-04-2008, 06:39 PM
Tech Master

Old 03-05-2008, 08:27 AM
EG1
Tech Regular

IMO the CEN trucks are pretty tough, but they are that extra 5-6 lbs heavier than the other MT's so the stress is much higher when you do make mistakes. I think in order to make a truck that heavy as tough as a savage or LST you will need some aftermarket support and a bit of cash.
Old 03-12-2008, 02:57 PM
Tech Adept

i just broke my genesis le front a-arm, i was jumping it and the last jump i kinda misjudged and it went flying about 10 ft high and 20 ft out over a 5 ft fence and into the bleachers. it landed ok and if the bleachers didnt jump out in front of it it would not broken the front right upper arm.
Old 03-12-2008, 03:14 PM
Tech Adept

Excuses excuses, is all i hear from CEN. the word on the street is "CEN (SEND) it back to the factory..." Robert Hull Feel free to email me at: [email protected] Thanks for the free "radio case" to give to my racers
Old 03-13-2008, 02:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

if you dont want your CEN MT let me know.. ive been wanting one.. i own a CEN truggy and havnt had any problems with it yet.. to me it is just like everything else.. u get what u pay for and how bad are you abusing it depends on how much it costs u
Old 03-15-2008, 11:30 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by wes95_z28
The robert guy above obviously must be on Cens payroll somewhere, heres the truth, almost everyone here will agree that the CEN Nemesis and Genesis are JUNK, 18 lbs of cheap ass plastic that as you have found out takes nothing to break. CEN's race buggy and truggy are alright, at best, everything else you see of theres isnt worth of spending any money on.

They really do look cheap !!!!!
Old 03-17-2008, 06:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by rregl0612
No but its not a 8T race Roller.. wich still needs to much for me to buy.. ....... My point was simply to not expect the same at the price point you pay... with that in mind you will also notice that Losi is on the high end of the RTR spektrum.. I wasnt putting anything down..... or atleast wasnt my intention.. more that they are all good trucks!.. or atleast close to each other..
Wait what does the 8t race roller need again? You say all this and you own a Revo LMAO!!!!
Old 03-20-2008, 11:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I have had my Cen Genesis LE since it was released and it is one BAD ASS MT. I did have issues tuning the engine but I was a newbie and I learned. I haven't had many issues with my Genesis besides common wear and tear and I had had some pretty bad spills with this truck. I did upgrade almost everything to aluminum though...manly for the BLING factor.

Last edited by Tree; 03-26-2008 at 09:39 AM.
Old 03-23-2008, 11:06 AM
Tech Master

looks good tree
Old 03-26-2008, 09:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Thanks. I haven't driven her much because I am just starting to get into racing. I have been breaking in new engines for my Matrix and TR Arena and I am trying to get the cars set-up right, so not much time for the Genesis lately.

Last edited by Tree; 03-27-2008 at 11:25 AM.