Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
marder wont work :weird: >

marder wont work :weird:

marder wont work :weird:

Old 01-26-2008, 09:35 AM
Tech Initiate

Default marder wont work :weird:

can u help my fg marder wont work every time i sart it up it reves like mad when i put the choke on can u help solve thanks tom
Old 01-26-2008, 09:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

when you put the choke on any motor will rev real high, but not for a long time. i know nothing about this truck, but whats it specifics. what motor is in it?
Old 01-26-2008, 10:19 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by dieseldog20
when you put the choke on any motor will rev real high, but not for a long time. i know nothing about this truck, but whats it specifics. what motor is in it?
26cc zenohon
Old 01-26-2008, 10:20 AM
Tech Addict

so its gas not nitro?
Old 01-26-2008, 03:24 PM
Tech Initiate

so its gas not nitro?
yeye
Old 01-26-2008, 04:17 PM
Tech Addict

well if its gas then it works just like any other weed waker engine. there is something clogging the air intake or somewere something is clogged. if you are not getting a far enough amount of air then its almost like you are choking the motor or turning the choke on. first thing take apart the intake and clean and inspect it then put it back together. does it have an electric choke or is it manual like a weed waker choke. its a gas motor so it should all work just like that. if it still runs shyty then take the head off and inspect it for pits or anything that you think would cause it to go bad or run funny.

Good luck
Old 01-27-2008, 02:38 AM
Tech Initiate

well if its gas then it works just like any other weed waker engine. there is something clogging the air intake or somewere something is clogged. if you are not getting a far enough amount of air then its almost like you are choking the motor or turning the choke on. first thing take apart the intake and clean and inspect it then put it back together. does it have an electric choke or is it manual like a weed waker choke. its a gas motor so it should all work just like that. if it still runs shyty then take the head off and inspect it for pits or anything that you think would cause it to go bad or run funny.

Good luck
couold it be because the fule was getting to the engin
Old 01-27-2008, 08:39 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by tomw07
couold it be because the fule was getting to the engin
dont you mean not getting to the engine? if its not getting to the engine then yes but you said that when you turn the chock on it revs. whats i do when you dont have the chock on? does it even run?

Originally Posted by tomw07
can u help my fg marder wont work every time i sart it up it reves like mad when i put the choke on can u help solve thanks tom

when you put the choke on it is going to rev like mad you are starving the motor of air.
Old 01-27-2008, 11:17 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

turn on all your electronics first then check where your settings are.prime then start.usually those motors ,when you put the choke on,sound like they want to crank over,then turn off choke should fire!!if it continues to rev out of control your idle adj. is set too high.when i start my baja 5 without the electronics on it revs real high like that and by hand i lower the rpm via throttle linkage.if the motor had a good setting the last time you set it and ran fine it should be good now.
Old 01-27-2008, 12:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

when you put the choke on it is going to rev like mad you are starving the motor of air.
that makes no sense, at all.......the whole point of a choke is to allow more petrol to get into the motor......now, if u put the choke on that means that there is less air entering the combustion chamber, which means more fuel.....now i have never heard of a motor revving up because there is less air.....if a motor is over-fueling (the point of a choke) the motor is going 2 be down on rpms.....not up.......thats y if u have ever plugged the xhaust on an rc the rpms drop....more fuel, less air........if u have ever run the tank dry it leans out causing the motor 2 rev up.....less fuel more air.....then it dies cause no fuel=0 rpm

so wat u said makes no sense..