Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
HobbyShop Rip Off ! >

HobbyShop Rip Off !

HobbyShop Rip Off !

Old 01-14-2008, 06:20 AM
Tech Initiate

Default HobbyShop Rip Off !

I am writing this cause I love RC and dont want someone to get ripped off or worst yet - drop this hobby all together ! Hobbycentral (hobby101.com) There is nothing good I have to say about this hobbyshop. In the RC community this shop makes themselves out to be the best and everyone out to be the worst. Since they dont mind spewing lies about hobbyshops and RC products CEN, XTM etc then they wont mind someone talking smack about them. Difference is I and alot of others I speak for, are telling the truth ! HobbyCentral (Hobby101) have total rip off prices ( if you dont believe me ask them of a price on any of there parts ). Juels who is the shop owner who I have heard over and over again is not only a BIG TIME JERK (note : I would love to use the A - word), but is a control freak which I found out myself ! If you buy a part or a buggy somewere else, he will ream you with hard questions then bash any competitor you buy from. He wants YOU to exclusively buy from his shop and only his shop ! Almost everytime I go out on an RC run I hear this shop either ripped someone off or there talking bad about some shop. One of many stories about this shop happened to a friend (newbie) of mine who doesnt go to this shop no more. For a piston and sleeve rebuild on an SH engine HobbyCentral charged him $185.00 When a brand new engine at another shop at that time cost $120.00. Another story I have heard this shop making an even higher price on the same buggy to two different people at different times because one was new to RC. May I go.... on read the other posts I have made about this Rip Off Shop ! Hobbycentral (hobby101)'s mechanic discourages you to fix your own RC, he wants you to bring it to him so he can charge you high dollar on top of that there direct competitor is Hobbypeople who sells XTM. I went to one bash area running my XTM ( which I love ) with a few other guys a grandpa drives up in a car some kid comes out and watches us run. Kid says I wish my buggy worked, I said whats wrong he said I dont know ? I bought a XTM X-cellerator I took it to Hobbycentral. I said why not back to Hobbypeople were you bought it from, he said cause Hobbycentral is closer to we live. They looked at my buggy and said, XTM when they break they break there not designed to be fixed, there's nothing we can do for you. I said what ? I told the kid bring me your buggy he then took it out of the car, I looked at it. All it needed was a servo horn adjustment. I am thinking here this kid couldn't run his car because of lies this hobbyshop was saying and all I had to do to fix it was a 30 second adjustment ! This Shop shouldn't be in business. This is what ruins RC. In fact all the shops that they talked bad about I have found turned out to have good service and fair prices. Let this shop be a warning to all ! Buy your RC stuff from a reputable shop or better yet buy online ! For newbies before you go into any shop price check anything your going to buy and watch the attitudes behind the people at the counter.

Pass this on,

help your fellow RC ers out SAVE MONEY AND FRUSTRATION !

Browley
Old 01-18-2008, 04:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

WOW!!! discouraging I see. some of these hobby stores need to loosen up a bit.
Old 01-18-2008, 04:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (89%+)

this guy has been posting this on about every forum out there.
Old 01-18-2008, 08:30 PM
Tech Rookie

Getting the word out. At least it isnt some spam. So it could be worse.
Old 01-18-2008, 11:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

and he aint lying on half of it either!
Old 01-21-2008, 11:50 AM
Tech Initiate

Default those who dont believe me

those who dont believe like "mcheck' then please PLEASE ! go do business with that shop. They love customers like you. Ha Or just give me your money !
Old 01-21-2008, 07:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by browley
those who dont believe like "mcheck' then please PLEASE ! go do business with that shop. They love customers like you. Ha Or just give me your money !
people like me? hey, i was agreeing with u...but if u want to the a prick about it, dont blame me cuz u got ripped off and sold to like a fool, i myself found a few guys that work there on a few specific days that do actually give good deals and are helpful SOMETIMES! but where else do they sell odual's racing fuel locally?
Old 01-21-2008, 08:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

you guys are fighting like a bunch of woman!
Old 01-21-2008, 08:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

hahaha thanks for the comments from the peanut gallery! aint no fighting just stating the obvious!
Old 01-22-2008, 05:57 AM
Tech Initiate

Default really ?

and he aint lying on half of it either!
so what half am I lying about Mcheck. This is your quote your saying about me.
I am willing to back up my story. It's not that I got ripped off it's people I met and know that got ripped off. If your going to call me a half lier please tell me were I am lying.
Old 01-22-2008, 10:26 AM
Tech Master

If you kep arguing the point to this thread will be lost.....
Old 01-22-2008, 10:52 AM
Tech Apprentice

if u want me to go through your whole story and pick it apart i will....or u can just drop it since U have never been there and hope that people read ur post and dont go there!
Old 01-22-2008, 12:31 PM
Tech Initiate

Default mcheck

You work for Hobbycentral Mcheck, I couldn't do what you do ripping people. Over 25 people in SD I know, more than agree with me on this. I am almost done with this subject, I got the word out now its your choice. Those who are immature and want to make a joke out of this, when it comes down to it the jokes on you. The word LOSERS comes to my mind !
Old 01-22-2008, 12:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by browley
You work for Hobbycentral Mcheck, I couldn't do what you do ripping people. Over 25 people in SD I know, more than agree with me on this. I am almost done with this subject, I got the word out now its your choice. Those who are immature and want to make a joke out of this, when it comes down to it the jokes on you. The word LOSERS comes to my mind !
ur a JOKE kid, i dont work there and would never work at a hobby place, thats a great career! i was agreeing with some of the stuff u HAVE HEARD from other people. as far as a joke being made, who made the joke? maybe u take things way out of context! and LOSERS, the only LOSER i see posting is the one b******g about a store he never been to.........END OF FUCKING STORY, END OF IT ALL.

THIS POST IS TO BRING THIS SHOP TO THE ATTENTION OF POTENTIAL BUYERS....AS IT SHOULD BE....NOT INTERNET BS!
Old 01-22-2008, 01:41 PM
Tech Initiate

Default oh please.....

Your not a straight shooter, you say "if u want me to go through your whole story and pick it apart i will....or u can just drop it since U have never been there and hope that people read ur post and dont go there!" What?????? I have been there, then u say I'm lying. So your saying Mcheck all those people that tell me this are lying mmmmm........ just for the fun of it. Come on. I dont play games with high schoolers.

For those other than Mcheck, My point of this whole thing is I hate to see people get ripped off not just a lil money, but alot of money from one shop.

Here are the good shops I have dealt with that are awesome !!!

Towerhobbies
Amainhobbies
stormerhobbies
horizonhobby
Hobbypeople
neweramodels

and these are just a few

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.