.21 race motor

Old 01-03-2008, 03:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jason Halvorson
doent be fooled just because the Go sport .28 is a 3port it does not mean there is no top end speed...
Agreed, alot of people are fooled into thinking 'ports' souly contribute to low and top end performance. I was a bit worried about purchasing a 3 port but soon learnt that the Go .28 3p's, bolted onto a 2 speed trans you will be one of the quickest out there.

One of my fellow racers uses the same engine in his LST 2, he said he will never look back.
Old 01-03-2008, 11:05 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by GHETTOTEACHER
Check out the rotostart 528 Novarossi or the rotostart TM928 RB. They will power/er over power your truck nicely!
And then some...........
Old 01-03-2008, 01:49 PM
Tech Regular

Man you guys have been a wealth of information. Now the decision. I have also been looking at the picco 28 which you can use a roto start on. Any thought on this motor.

Also, I would agree that the number of port does not always tell the story of the overall performance, and thanks for you personal insights to the go motor. Because of the price it is high on my second motor choice.

Dan
Old 01-04-2008, 11:59 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Thumbs up

remember almost any motor can be made roto start there are a few companies that make bolt on roto start systems tiger drive comes to mind first. didnt you say that you DONT have a hobby store near you? http://www.marktwainhobby.net/ i go to this hobby store and they have online and they can set you up like mad they know ALL their stuff they have been there for 20 yrs i think? get on their web and give em a call see what they say
Old 01-05-2008, 01:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RACING MASON
And then some...........
Yeah if you have a few more bucks those .28 novas are lethal... I would love to add one to my motor collection!!
Old 01-05-2008, 11:23 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jbligh
remember almost any motor can be made roto start there are a few companies that make bolt on roto start systems tiger drive comes to mind first. didnt you say that you DONT have a hobby store near you? http://www.marktwainhobby.net/ i go to this hobby store and they have online and they can set you up like mad they know ALL their stuff they have been there for 20 yrs i think? get on their web and give em a call see what they say
The issues is the crank has to have the nub, for lack of a better word to work with a roto start. As an example my Novo P5X will not connect to a roto start, other wise I would have that race 21 I have been seeking. I looked at the tiger drives and what I like about them is the flexability to place the hex in all for directions depending on your set up.
Old 01-05-2008, 07:24 PM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

have you looked into what it would cost you to gat the roto start crank and start system. maby someone has the engine w/ pull or roto that you do but it is blown
Old 01-06-2008, 02:23 PM
Tech Regular

Smile

Originally Posted by jbligh
have you looked into what it would cost you to gat the roto start crank and start system. maby someone has the engine w/ pull or roto that you do but it is blown

I have looked into getting another NOVO crank that will take roto, but if buy another truggy I would need that motor. The main reason I am going with the LST is two fold. I love to race and I have been racing a revo for 3 1/2 years, but they can be twitchy. I tried to race the LST in 04, but you know all the issues it had and I sold it. However, I loved the way it handled. By the way I race in a NW Series event along with my local track.

For the last two seasons, I have been racing a JAMMIN CRT pro, the first generation, and I just got tired of trying to race something that won't turn, and I'm tired of spending so much money for two racers. I will be running my LST at the local races against the truggy's if there are not enough monsters to have a heat, and racing it in the series against the monsters. Kind of a two for one.
Old 01-06-2008, 07:31 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Alot of good info for racing the Lst can be found here http://lstforums.com/forums/index.php
The topic on the race .21 has been talked about quite a bit in the past few weeks
When I was racing my Lst, I did use the Picco P3 in mine. It worked well.
The thing most people don't realize is that a Lst can be made pretty light weight for it's size. I have seen 10.5 pounds as an average race weight for the Lst... Mine weighed in at 10.75. So really a good race .21 would have enough power to do the trick... I'd love to race an Lst again with hot .21 in it
Old 01-08-2008, 07:51 PM
Tech Adept

you should check out the feb issue of Xtream rc cars it has article on .21 vs .28 it shows that the .28 is 1/2 horse bigger and only 15 oz of torq bigger and remember torq is what gets you going and horsies keep you there! it is an awesome article check it out!!