Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
savage upgrades >

savage upgrades

savage upgrades

Old 06-12-2003, 10:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

savage upgrades

ok. i just bought the savage.
thanks for all the threads on helping me make up my mind on the best truck to buy. Now where do i go from hear. Fm radio? why?, new engine? which one? I think everything else is perfect, when this thing hits second the wheels almost come off the ground. Will a new motor help me beat my friends t-maxx?
Old 06-16-2003, 10:21 PM
Tech Initiate

a fm radio i would suggest first because the stock radio only has 6 crystal to choice from, a picco /outlaw .26 would be a great engine , a new pipe like a ritter pipe , also a good steering servo like aa hitec 645, also replace the steering servo saver and replace the steering bell crank with ball bearings, a three clutch sho set up is nice also, but those r only suggestion as for beating the tmaxx a .26 i would have to say would beat the tmaxx ill let you know as soon as i recieve mine but if you dont want to this crazy i would just but the savage on a strict diet carbon fiber parts etc.... good luck i hope i can help
Old 06-17-2003, 09:15 PM
Tech Master

have you bought anything yet? if not you should buy

a better air filter
better throttle brake linkage
3 shoe clutch
rx pack
better steering servo and servo saver
fuel filter
Old 06-17-2003, 09:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for the tips. I took my savage down to the track, and damn what a ride, and belive it or not i passed a t-maxx on the strait away. i appeared that i shifted gears sooner. Cornering was tough though, any tips for getting this thing to turn sharper?
Old 06-20-2003, 03:01 PM
Tech Initiate

Better steering sevro, and new tires or at least stiffer foams.