Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
I am within days of buying one of these and I really need your help!!! >

I am within days of buying one of these and I really need your help!!!

I am within days of buying one of these and I really need your help!!!

Old 06-30-2003, 03:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks I will check on it, I cant keep the front wheels on the ground. This is by far the most powerful truck I have ever owned. My Savage cant compare to the all out power this thing has.
Old 06-30-2003, 09:41 PM
Tech Regular

shadowghost put that 247 in your savage and it'll smoke the x-factor.

face it man, i dont want to be a dick but i must in this case. the x-factor is a rock climber, the savage is a performer.

i put a .26 picco in my savage and it flips itself over. end of story.
Old 07-01-2003, 03:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

The way that I see it, if you want a performer then buy a stadium truck, A monster truck isnt for blazing speed they are for tearing sh** up! If I compare my Savage to the X Factor, the savage is nothing more than a beefed up stadium racer. The X factor is a real monster truck! Period.
Old 07-01-2003, 04:58 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

If you really want teh most realistic true Monster truck the X-Factor is it. I never see real monster trucks with independant suspension. If you want more of a sport heavy suspended truck get a T-Maxx, Savage, or Terra Crusher.

As long as shadowghost is happy with his truck why care what damn truck is better. He bought what he wanted and thats all that matters.

If you like the Savage that is fine. I won't by HPI because they screw the hobby shops by selling parts off their HPI store that shops can't buy for their customers. Why support a company that could make hobby shops obsolete and then we have no one to buy from but mail order. So before you bitch about someones truck think about how you are killing the hobby that you like.
Old 07-12-2003, 12:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Actually I would like to see a Savage with the X-factor tranny and motor... now that SOB would be one killer race truck!!!!!
Old 07-12-2003, 11:54 AM
Tech Rookie

I would have recommended the Savage, but for rock crawling I am seriously considering selling my tmaxx to get the money towards and x-factor.
Old 07-12-2003, 05:13 PM
Tech Elite

At the local shop they had a guy buy an X-Factor just to put the tranny in his T-Maxx!!!!!! Can't wait to see it!!
Old 07-13-2003, 05:50 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Damn that is alot of money just to get a transmission. I hope it works or he will have almost a 400 dollar screw up.
Old 07-13-2003, 09:06 AM
Tech Elite

Sad thing is all he had todo is wait for 2-3 weeks and the shop could have ordered him a replacement tranny for around $100!!! They said he was gonna sell the remaining chassis off for $100... so he's paying $300 for a $100 tranny.... Dude bought a savage and then came back and bought another 2 days later just for parts!!!!

Some people have much more money than brains!!
Old 07-13-2003, 11:01 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Damn!!!!!! He has some cash to burn. I'm sure me and you could have used it for some tires, bats, and motors for our touring cars.

I have a ton of money on my Terra Crusher but I only have one and don't think I will buy a 2nd one just for parts. I will order them as I need them. I might buy another truck but it will be a different one. I would really like to have a few just for the fun of it. I would like to add to my one I have now TerraCrusher and also have the XTM X-Factor and the XTM 1/8 scale buggy to but it is wishful thinking. It would be cool if I had an extra 1200 bucks to just spend as I see fit.
Old 07-13-2003, 02:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

i see you guys havn't talked about the EK4, anything wrong with it? ive been looking at them, i just need to find a place to run it.

want some monster truck vids check out this site.

the abuse video is sick

http://www.sauron.no/videos.asp
Old 07-13-2003, 03:42 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Nobody around my area carries ThunderTiger. Another truck that is alot harder to ge stuff for. I think right now the T-Maxx has the most stuff out for it, Then the Savage, TerraCrusher, X-Factor. The XTM X-Factor seems to have great support from HobbyPeople and everything I have read from the guys running the X-Factor are pretty positive. They say the customer service from HobbyPeople is 2nd to none. They have all had nothing but great experiances with them. Sounds like great factory support for all the XTM stuff.

I have a TerraCrusher with the XTM 24.7 motor and NEM .21 conversion and it is a wild machine for its size. It runs great and handles very well for its large size.
Old 07-13-2003, 04:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

the local shop carries alot of thunder tiger stuff (helis and the Ek4) i was just wondering is it better then say a tmax, not for racing or anything just messing around in some hills and jumping...

after looking at the EK4 abuse video it seems a very capeable truck...
Old 07-13-2003, 07:19 PM
Tech Elite

When I started looking at getting another monster I first started looking at the sport maxx, I previously owned a T-Maxx and it was lots of fun. I was kinda disappointed by the fact that it didn't have a 2 speed, but when I heard the rigional estimated rice to be around the price of a RTR GT and it was upgradable to have a 2-speed I was fine with it...... then by the time it was released it's price grew to $360!!!! and the 2-speed would cost $40!!!!! I decided I would get a T-Maxx lock up the reverse and rip out the front wheel drive...........

Well last friday I stopped by Garlands and just for jokes I said "you know any idiots selling a T-Maxx cheap??" and Garland replied "yeah me!" well he is selling it for $125!!! all it needs is 2 servos (steering ad reverse...which I have the steering and don't want reverse anyway, it also need a front slider shaft (don't need for 2 wheel drive), Body (I wanna use a stadium truck body), radio (which I also don't need) and rear body mount...... Perfect for me!!!!!! and at that price even if I do need to rebuild the motor I still have less than $190 in the whole truck!!! So to make a long story short I went ahead and put money down on it!!!!

Now I begin my project "Stadium Maxx"

$1200 would buy plenty of tires and motors for the 2 of us to race (and sponcer 2 freinds) for a whole year!!!!

Most of my spare change goes to keeping my Losi on the track, now that I have a permanent asphalt track within 10 minutes of my house hopefully will be getting better on th track!!! Life kinda sucks when you only get to race once a month and your facing guys that race weekly (sometimes bi-weekly) You feel like your standing still while they leave you beind....... I don't wanna win all of the time, I just like being a contender and I can't do that right now
Old 07-13-2003, 08:25 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

I have not seen anything bad about the EK4. If you get a good deal go ahead and get one. I'm sure you will have a good time no matter what you get.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.