R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Monster Trucks (https://www.rctech.net/forum/monster-trucks-46/)
-   -   DAMN!!!!!!! savage with upgraded engine..... (https://www.rctech.net/forum/monster-trucks/19062-damn-savage-upgraded-engine.html)

Roughedges 05-30-2003 11:38 AM

DAMN!!!!!!! savage with upgraded engine.....

i got my savage a week ago after getting out of a schumacher
1/6 street car

i got the savage and wasnt really happy with the speed
then a day later i put on the big joe tires with the velocity 6
wheels and damn what a dog it is.

i went out and bought the tires rims, escalade ext body,
springs, shocks, voltmeter, ofna failsafe, motorsaver filter,
rb tuned pipe, 24.7 xtm motor, mip clutch, mip cvds, arms, upper
arms,

i am on the 5th tank of break in on the new motor
havent leaned anything out let, running rich as hell and
damn, 1/4 throttle from a stop and the damn thing just flips on
it roof and slides down the street
i dont even wanna lean this thing out because i dont think i will be
able to keep the front down anywhere.
this thing is nasty!!!!
i will post pics soon

tekrsq 05-31-2003 07:41 AM

Let us know how it does. I can't decide if I want a T-Maxx or Savage. I like the Savage better, but it's considerably slower than the Maxx. I wondered if another engine would pep it up to be competitve with the 2.5 T-Maxx. I just hate to spend that much money on the truck, then have to spend more on a new engine & pipe, when I can just buy the T-maxx.

rusty89 06-02-2003 06:57 AM

How much for that motor? sounds like a great motor.

Hope to see some pictures!!!

wyd 06-02-2003 10:55 AM

The XTM 24.7 motor is 139.99 with the pull start on it. I have mine in my Terra Crusher with the 21 conversion. Did not run it yet but I have read alot of good things about the 24.7 motor. HobbyPeople have them in stock. I bought mine from their and had great all around service from them.

Naluboy 06-05-2003 05:20 AM

I'm curious... I have a Picco .26 and it's pretty wild. If i ever learn to tune it right it has even more potential. What is the XTM 24.7 rated at? H.P., R.P.M. ? The Picco is rated at 2,7 "claimed" H.P. and I believe 38,000 rpn. I'm always looking for power options and am currently unable to shell out the bucks for a RB Concept "Rody" pull start motor which I think would be the ultimate power plant.

wyd 06-05-2003 04:38 PM

The XTM manual says 2.6hp and 28,000rpm. That means it is only a tad less hp but don't need as many rpms to make power. Should have a little more bottom and mid range and the Ofna should have more on the top end and will make power when the rpms get cranking.

e money 06-12-2003 08:58 PM

xtm 24.7 for savage

The question i have is, how easy is it to switch the engine. Also besides the engine, what other mods do you recomend for the sav.:cool:

tranced 06-30-2003 09:48 PM

if you upgrade the engine you will most definately want to also upgrade to:

HPI HD chrome dogbones (x4)
Hotbodies Center CVD's (front/rear)
4-spider-gear mod (adding 2 spider gears to both front and rear differentials)
New pipe (i recommend RB 9886 1/8th Polished Pipe)

metal gear 2010 07-01-2003 09:30 AM

I have an RB Rody modified C5 w/ pullstart conversion and Nova Thermal Control cooling head for sale. $530 shipped. It has less than a gallon of 20% Trinity Platinum Race Blend fuel ran through it (better than other 20% fuel). I am selling due to the fact that it has too much power for me and my truck. You can learn more about this engine at www.unlimitedengineering.com and www.RBproducts.com. E-mail me at [email protected] if interested.

tranced 07-04-2003 01:16 PM

what a pussy!

there is no such thing as TOO MUCH power!!

:flaming: :weird: :confused:

rajS 07-17-2003 01:56 AM

Flipping with a hot engine?

First of all, you need to change your gear ratio, With your hot motor, you may wish to consider a 16T clutch bell instead of the stock 14

Next thing: adjust your slipper clutch by loosening it 1/4 a turn.

With these changes, you should only wheelie when you jam the throttle

Good luck
:nod:

ricky_savage 08-02-2003 02:24 AM

rajs,
nice 2seeu here man:cool:
who won? i heard you guys got rained out after i left.

hope we'd meet again next time.... so i could squeeze out more savage tips from you:D

i went there early this morning(sat) to tune it up sadlymy rx batts dumped:flaming: man watta headache