R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Monster Trucks (https://www.rctech.net/forum/monster-trucks-46/)
-   -   New traxxas e-maxx (https://www.rctech.net/forum/monster-trucks/189828-new-traxxas-e-maxx.html)

xsxracing 11-07-2007 06:37 PM

New traxxas e-maxx

jatoman1992 11-07-2007 07:54 PM

not gonna get one till they come out with the V-TWIN concept for actual sale.(if they ever do :eek:)

rallyweapon 11-08-2007 12:40 AM

VXL E

if not the V twin, I wonder when Traxxas will come out with a single brushless motor for the Emaxx, that one I'll get.

4wdmt 11-08-2007 03:54 AM

Rumors are very widespread about a bruhless E that will be out.

RCH 11-08-2007 06:09 AM

I wont ever own one.

1. They are electric
2. They are overpriced
3. I had the original and it sucked balls. Battery eating sumbitch.

dracy69 11-08-2007 11:50 AM

is it any different from the original?

like real difference?

xsxracing 11-08-2007 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by dracy69 (Post 3844878)
is it any different from the original?

like real difference?

It is all water prove.
New esc.
Still a battery eating sun#@#%#$^ though.
I wont buy one.
Over priced just like rch said.
Id get a e-savage instead.

hobbipro 11-08-2007 12:49 PM

Why not give details instead of calling the Emaxx "Battery eating sumbitch". What batteries were you using at the time, gearing, motors, brushless ect. I'd bet a good set of 4200's would give atleast 15min of runtime on stock setup. Heck, my brushless supervee 27 will give me close to 10min of runtime at almost WOT. Add a single BL system to the E and get 20-25 min of runtime. Yes, I do have one on backorder. Its going to have 2 orion 4800 Lipo's and a Novak 4.5HV from day one, cant wait! :nod:

Thai3g_Eclipse 11-08-2007 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by hobbipro (Post 3845022)
Why not give details instead of calling the Emaxx "Battery eating sumbitch". What batteries were you using at the time, gearing, motors, brushless ect. I'd bet a good set of 4200's would give atleast 15min of runtime on stock setup. Heck, my brushless supervee 27 will give me close to 10min of runtime at almost WOT. Add a single BL system to the E and get 20-25 min of runtime. Yes, I do have one on backorder. Its going to have 2 orion 4800 Lipo's and a Novak 4.5HV from day one, cant wait! :nod:

A pair of 4200 6 cells should last a little longer than 15 minutes. I'm running IB3800's and I get at least 15-17 minutes before the truck shows signs of slowing down. I'm eagerly waiting for the new E-Maxx as well!

There is quite a bit of difference over the old E-Maxx as well, well worth the $50-$70 price premium.

-30mm Extended chassis
-Revo-spec differentials
-Revo-spec slipper clutch
-Gearbox has more metal gears, and is now a single speed (Uses the second gear)
-Revo-spec CVDs
-New battery mount system for larger 7 cell batteries and LiPos

jatoman1992 11-08-2007 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by xsxracing (Post 3844884)
It is all water prove.
New esc.
Still a battery eating sun#@#%#$^ though.
I wont buy one.
Over priced just like rch said.
Id get a e-savage instead.

why an e savage?, they are a little slower, cant go as many places as the e-maxx can, and they are little hop ups for it.

the waterproof e-maxx is the best pick in my point of view. and it can handle 2 bruchless systems on the stock tranny.

jatoman1992 11-08-2007 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by rallyweapon (Post 3843465)
if not the V twin, I wonder when Traxxas will come out with a single brushless motor for the Emaxx, that one I'll get.

i was talking about that on the e-maxx thread in the electric off road forum. i think that it will be the most likely thing that traxxas will do.

RCH 11-08-2007 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by hobbipro (Post 3845022)

4-Venom 3800's with a bone stock setup. Maybe 10-12 minutes of run time and 3 hours of charging. That was the last Electric RC land vehicle I owned and ever will own. Not my Idea of fun to get 10-12 minutes and have to wait hours to let the batterys charge back up, when I can refuel and go fo a full gallon before I decide Ive had my fun for the day. To each their own, Electric isnt my bag. If I do electric it is only my Helis and Planes, Ill do Nitro on my boats and Land Vehicles from that bad experiance on out.

xsxracing 11-10-2007 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by RCH (Post 3845257)
4-Venom 3800's with a bone stock setup. Maybe 10-12 minutes of run time and 3 hours of charging. That was the last Electric RC land vehicle I owned and ever will own. Not my Idea of fun to get 10-12 minutes and have to wait hours to let the batterys charge back up, when I can refuel and go fo a full gallon before I decide Ive had my fun for the day. To each their own, Electric isnt my bag. If I do electric it is only my Helis and Planes, Ill do Nitro on my boats and Land Vehicles from that bad experiance on out.

Amen

The Slayer 11-20-2007 05:20 AM

Originally Posted by RCH (Post 3845257)
Not my Idea of fun to get 10-12 minutes and have to wait hours to let the batterys charge back up, when I can refuel and go fo a full gallon before I decide Ive had my fun for the day.

And then three or four days taking the thing apart to clean off all the unspent oil and don't forget the oil-mud all over the truck too!LOL To each his own is right, I'm an electric guy myself, tryed the nitro and hated it!! I get about 1/2 hour out of my IB 4600 seven cell packs with the NOVAK 7.5 in this monster:sneaky: This is my EMaxx killer!:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...uckpainted.jpg

cheesewhip 11-20-2007 07:47 AM

emaxx

i bought the original.. how many years ago was that??? anyway, i just sold it at the beginning of this year because i was tired of charging batteries. i was running sanyo 3000nimh, and was getting around 10 minutes of semi hard driving. then the batteries would quit, and it'll start crawling. i never tried the 7 cell thing, but i could never pop wheelies unless i went backwards some, then jam it forward. wonder what that did to the tranny.. this was with the slipper clamped all the way down. i had the proline suspension installed when they came out, put on traxxas big bores, rpm everything... yeah it was fun, yeah it was quiet, yeah it was indestructible, but compared to my tmaxx, one i took out after the emaxx batteries dumped, it just didn't run long enough. i could run the tmaxx for 45 min or more, with more power, sound, speed.... mmm.. nitro fumes.. i did like the plug and go convenience, but as soon as i learned how to tune the engine on the tmaxx and get it running every time after a few seconds of the ez start, my emaxx saw less and less run time. i sold them both and got a revo, then a revo 3.3.... :):)

i didn't really see the point of this new version since you can just pop the receiver and the esc in a balloon like i did which made it water proof... i guess you can just take a hose and spray it off when you are done with the new one?? or do you still have to take everything apart and clean and relube?? are they trying to make it less maintenance? i don't know...

what i was really expecting was for traxxas to come out with an electric brushless revo with lipo batteries in the box.. maybe with a better radio than the TQ3:eek::eek::eek: traxxas has always been inventive and i expected nothing less.. but shove a brushless into the bandit? into the stampede?? what a waste?