Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
New MGT wont start >

New MGT wont start

New MGT wont start

Old 10-01-2007, 11:55 AM
Tech Initiate

Default New MGT wont start

Hey guys, just bought a brand new MGT 4.6. Opened it up got her all ready and adjusted the needles just like the manual says to. Try to start it for over half hour with no luck, not flooded or anything, just wont start!

When i look at the carb, there is no fuel even getting sucked in the carb at all, its fully primed, i even tried priming it with finger over the exhasut and i get nothing!

Any help?
Old 10-01-2007, 12:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

first thing to do i check and see that the glow plug is still working. after that take a little bit of fuel and put it right into the carb. sometimes the little bit of oil they use when shipping can plug it and this will help clean it out.
Old 10-01-2007, 12:16 PM
Tech Initiate

I have tried both of those about 10 minutes ago, the fuel is indeed getting in because i did flood it just before, but it still will not start after i got it all unflooded. Im getting so fustrated i have a savage and a tmaxx and neither were like this
Old 10-01-2007, 01:05 PM
Tech Rookie

i had the same trouble this weekend with my lst2. turns out the glow ignitor it came with just wont start it when its cold. the 1-C just didnt put out enough juice. i used a friends with 2-D's and she fired straight up. the second day was the same story. had to drive 20 mins to borrow a ignitor. i bought a new rechargable one with a meter so hopfully it will put out enough juice and wont have to worry about battery condition. not sure if you even need an ignitor for yours just wanted to help
Old 10-01-2007, 01:09 PM
Tech Initiate

Yea, i have 3 glow plug warmers, and they are all fully charged up. Tried all 3 and still no darn luck. This is starting to annoy the heck outa me!!
Old 10-02-2007, 12:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

My Mach.26 did the same thing for a while but I never figured out what it was. It just started running after a few hours of trying.
Old 10-02-2007, 08:37 PM
Tech Initiate

well turns out that my glow plug was shot, right out of the box!

Go figure
Old 10-02-2007, 09:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

you know how to check if the glow plug is working eh? if not you put it in the ignitor and push it down and see if it glows if not its shot and vise versa.. glad u got it running...