Sport Maxx

Old 05-07-2003, 03:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Sport Maxx

Plan on buying foam tire inserts, because it doesn't come with them. I was very disappointed, and I let traxxas customer support know how low that was to omit the foam insert to save money.
Old 05-10-2003, 05:53 AM
Tech Master

The sport maxx doesn't come with foams? I thought it did. Oh, well, that really sucks!
Old 05-11-2003, 09:34 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

the sport maxx prob. didnt come with foam because if you race the truck your better off with trinnity 2 stage foams anyways. a option for the racer.dosent realy help out a basher.
i have this truck and its faster then a regular t-maxx on a track. the truck winds out faster and turns better. if you bash then the t-maxx is for you but if racing is the reason for buying. the sportmaxx is the truck......
Old 05-12-2003, 12:26 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by ROLLINGaFTGT
the sport maxx prob. didnt come with foam because if you race the truck your better off with trinnity 2 stage foams anyways. a option for the racer.dosent realy help out a basher.
i have this truck and its faster then a regular t-maxx on a track. the truck winds out faster and turns better. if you bash then the t-maxx is for you but if racing is the reason for buying. the sportmaxx is the truck......
Many of the people that will buy the SportMaxx won't even know that these things need foam inserts (just heard it yesterday, "what's in these tires, air?"). few people, I feel, will take advantage of the lack of inserts. I say it's a bad move by Traxxas.
Old 05-23-2003, 09:29 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Trinity tire foams

I have SportMaxx and I just installed Trinity foams in the tires. What a difference?!! The truck is much more stabiler in the corners and lands better off the medium to large jumps. I would say that these foams are well worth the $17.49 plus $3.00 shipping from Tower Hobbies that I spent on them. I also didn't like the way the center of the treads were sunk in towards the rim before the foams were in. Now the tires have the center of the tread equal to the outer edges like they should be.
Old 05-25-2003, 09:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Just got my Sportmaxx and yes it did'nt came with foam. I have ordered Traxxas foam insert before I see this post Anyway, I'll be using my truck for bushing so probably it would be ok. I'll just get a Trinity foam later.

Newbeme: Did it come complete for the 4 tire?

Thanks
Old 05-26-2003, 07:31 AM
Tech Rookie

Trinity foams come as a set of four. When you get them they are unassembled, meaning each tire foam comes in three pieces and you must glue them together with the glue Trinity supplies (contact cement). The two outer pieces of foam are of one density of foam and the center foam is of another. Sorry I can't remember which is the more dense. Hope this helps.
Old 05-26-2003, 11:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Newbeme: Thanks for the info. The price then is not that bad for a set for 4 tires. That would be another item to my next upgrade.