Revo 3.3 air leak? Please help!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Revo 3.3 air leak? Please help!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 09:35 PM
Tech Adept

Default Revo 3.3 air leak? Please help!!

Ok..... I have what seems to be a common issue that can happen to almost anyone at any time. And that is that, After my Revo sat since march, yesterday i tried to get it to start, but when I plugged the exhaust stinger tip, to prime it whiile bumping the ezstart,It was acting like it wasnt drawing fuel up to the carb. It would try to draw fuel up through the line to the carb to a certain point, then the flow would slow down and eventually stop, not even coming close to reaching the carb. I took it to a h.s. and they told me to try the trick of putting the tank underwater and blowing into one of the 2 fuel lines while plugging the other one. I did that and did not see any air bubbles comeing from the line(s) or the tank seam. So now i am at a loss here. Should i start by checking the obvious locations, the o ring under the carb, the exhaust manifold gasket, and the backplate gasket? And thanks in advance for anyones help. Albeit, i am no newbie to nitro, ive been into it for about 5 1/2 years now, and even this one is stumping me. Thanks for the help in advance -\Matt.
Old 07-23-2007, 04:30 AM
Tech Addict

have you tried cleaning the carb? could be something in there blocking the line...
Old 07-23-2007, 06:51 AM
Tech Regular

yeah try backflushing the carb i assume you know what that is but if anyone doesnt know you take the high speed needle all the way out not the whole needle but just the piece you use to tune with a flat screwdriver then you cover the exhaust tip with your finger and push the exstart gas should pour out of the high speed needle whole and if any dirt was in there it wont be now. also try tightening down your head screws very tight there could be an air leak thats causing it to not have pressure to reach the carb. hope i could help
Old 07-23-2007, 07:14 AM
Tech Adept

Yeap, I do indeed know what "flushing" out the carb is, and i think i may give that a shot, as well as checking the carb o ring, etc.
Old 07-23-2007, 08:19 AM
Tech Adept

As it turns out, i think i may have found the problem, but not totally 100% sure yet. I took the carb off, and when i did that, i looked into the small hole on the black plastic fuel nipple thing where the fuel flow enters the needle, and saw some type of silver metal shaving that looked like it was completely blocking the hole. Not too sure where it came from or anything, or how it got there, but I blew it outta there, and now im gonna try putting everything back together and see what happens from here. If there is anything more that i discover or any more answers. By all means post away. Thanks for any other possible suggestions anyone has.
Old 07-25-2007, 11:18 AM
Tech Adept

If anyone else has any ideas on what else i can try if re-building the carb doesnt work, i would appreciate any responses as to what suggesstions u may have for me to try....Thanks in advance, -Matt
Old 07-25-2007, 04:58 PM
Tech Elite

Matt, I think the guys in this forum hit it on the head. I would completely clean out the carb. Take the hsn and the banjo fitting off and clean them up. High pressure air or can of cleaner degreaser will get the garbage out of the carb. I would also replace the fuel and pressure lines.
I think you are going in the right direction in correcting your problem.
Old 07-25-2007, 06:15 PM
Tech Adept

Well....so far; insted of just cleaning out the carb I decided to replace to the carb body itself just be on the safe side of things; yes I know its $, but there usually is no way to avoid spending $ each time it seems lol. i think its just one of those things. So hopefully putting a new o ring on the carb, re-lubing the needles and such, and putting everything back together nice and tight will solve the problem at hand. However, if it doesnt, I will then have to try and figure out what direction to go in next...which I think might checking the head gasket and backplate gasket as well among other things.....