Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
Ofna pirate 10 Monster truck! >

Ofna pirate 10 Monster truck!

Ofna pirate 10 Monster truck!

Old 04-26-2003, 10:01 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Ofna pirate 10 Monster truck!

I bought a Pirate 10 with a Hyper .21 last year and I could never get it started and then winter came around and I decided that I would wait till this spring to break it in. Last week I got it running and broke in and then I started hitting top speed. I don't like the way the truck handles at top speed right now. The truck had been going about 40mph in my yard and I turned left and one tire got really big from it expanding from all the power and the other stayed the same size. The truck didn't turn and plowed it to the tree I was turning to avoid. I had heard there is a mod that can be done to prevent the unequal power distribution. Can anyone tell me what it is? I know it is in the center diff but thats all I know. Also if anyone has this truck can you tell me what mods you have done to it? I am looking to make this truck perform. Top speed and handling are most important to me. I ordered a rear sway bar that I am going to adapt to the front control arms. Do you think that will help any? Any feedback would be great. Thanks.
Old 04-27-2003, 10:01 AM
Tech Adept

Default wow

The truck had been going about 40mph in my yard and I turned left and one tire got really big from it expanding from all the power and the other stayed the same size.

Well that tire came off the ground, thatís why it expanded. If you let off the gas when turning you should keep all four tires on the ground and it should not push through the turns.
If you were on the throttle and say turning left all the front weight would be on the front right tire and the left would come off the ground. You could try changing the spring rate that may help. But I would say brake into the corner and accelerate coming out.
Anyway upgrades, look at the proline suspension kit it will widen the truck by one inch and allow you more choices for tires and rims. With this upgrade the truck would eat up any track. Yes there is a but, the price is around $250.00.
Good luck.