Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
My Revo Big Block Conversion >

My Revo Big Block Conversion

My Revo Big Block Conversion

Old 06-07-2007, 09:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default My Revo Big Block Conversion

I have been so busy lately working on my Brushless Revo that I have been neglecting my nitro Revo. This Revo was my first real nitro car and I have tons of mods for it that I have been putting off. So I decided to spend the last week putting stuff on and getting her in running condition. I oringinally had a Revo 3.3 and after that engine wore out I decided to go with a big block and upgrade the handling. So I added a OS 30VG which I converted to non-pull start to clear the a-arms and added a 1/8 scale side pipe. I have all the Tekno goodies (rx/batt box, steering servo bracket, wing), single steering mod, Steel Robinson gears (locked into 2nd and I removed first gear completely), Center diff, rear brake kit, reinforced the rear body mount with a tierod to the chassis mod, 23mm hubs, RPM front a-arms/carriers, CVD center driveshafts, custom 1/8 scale diffs front/back, Spektrum rx/telemetry, Tekno extended rear a-arms, Pro-line crowd pleazer 2.0 body (modded to clear the side pipe), Boca ceramic bearings in the motor, Ofna 250cc fuel tank. Alloy tie rods (alloy push rods coming soon), mugen 1/8 scale air filter, 1600 mah rx battery.

Do you see the side pipe?

I lowered the body a few notches to get a tight fit, then I heated up the lexan and used thick gloves to mold the body around the pipe. Added some heat tape inside and raised the body back to it's normal position. Doesn't stick out too much and I think it looks way better than having the pipe exposed.

One thing to note in this picture the rear body mount brace is a must when you use the Tekno wing, the stock mount is very thin and will break if not reinforced.

Last edited by Shark413; 06-08-2007 at 02:12 AM.
Old 06-08-2007, 02:00 PM
Tech Elite

hows it do compared to your bruhsless? im debating between converting mine to either brushless, or big block.
Old 06-09-2007, 12:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Have not really had a chance to run it hard (Revo big block). I put a new sleeve/piston in last week and just broke it in. Plan on taking it out this weekend and giving it a good workout. I will let you know how it runs. My E-Revo is fast but not as fast as big nitro truggies. The problem is I am running NiMH batteries and they are really heavy. This hurts the accelleration and handling. My Revo is around 8 lbs and the E-Revo is about 12 lbs. But for bashing the E-Revo is awesome and the low maintenance is a great plus.
Old 06-09-2007, 09:22 AM
Tech Elite

well i mostly bash, and dont race against the truggies when i do. i race the open MT class. and my 3.3 does great against all the stuff out, so if it is as fast as a revo wit ha 3.3, then it would be great. and im planning on cutting down a ton of weight from parts of the chassis im not using, plus will be using a123 batteries whic hare about half the weight of a NiMh battery
Old 03-18-2009, 10:19 AM
Tech Rookie

hi m8, what big block kit did you use to fit this os .30 max in your revo?

cheers john