What's the missing pieces? Revo >

What's the missing pieces? Revo

What's the missing pieces? Revo

Old 04-19-2007, 07:30 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ProudSavageOwnr
i wouldnt spend a single dime on a revo,neither buy one in the first place

not trying to start a flame up....just my opinion
Just ignore POS, he's a spoiled 12 year old.

He's always making the Savage guys look like a bunch of hillbillys! Sorry, if I offended any hillbillys reading this thread!

I think he's got a bad case of "REVO envy"!!
Old 04-19-2007, 08:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

awe man look at that F'n list you got it bro and as for the motor you know i run my vzb strong and hard and have had no need for the rrp tranny gears thats almost 300 big ones for the whole tranny and doing it one by one is gonna eat up the ones that are still plastic, now just food for thought ask anyrevo driver espeacially a bbrevo driver what breaks in the tranny its not the gears its the little pins that hold the gears you wanna upgrade something in your tranny buy some steel rods from the lhs run thenm thru were the old pins were and heat shrink around the both ends now you wont have any more issues i ll send you the pics of what im talkin about.

OVERkill whats OvERkIll!

"ANybody tells YoU that POweR is the ROOT to all EviL, DoesNt F@#kIn have AnY! ThEY say POweR doNt win RacES, f@#k iT LooK aT the SmiLE on my FAce whEN i wALk by YOu ON tHe sTrait! EaR 2 EAr baby Ear 2 F@#kin EaR"

guys this is a inside joke dont worry we get the point
Old 04-19-2007, 09:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

With all due respect to those that commented on the engine choice... I've chosen a .21 fast-spool engine as opposed to a .20 RTR engine. I can't quite see the comparison between the two. First place was taken by a BB Siro engine driven by an experienced Revo driver. All around the track you will find others that chose to go beyond the performance ability of an OS .18TM/TZ. I am confident in my choice, confident of my ability to use the available power and comfortable in it's reliability. Find an owner of a Ninja plant that disagrees and I will gladly re-evaluate my decision.

And since I own a Savage that most savagers would envy I think I can stand on my choice of racing vehicle and hold my head high. The decision was a simple one... At the beginning of the year I asked myself what truck won all the races in 2006. Answer = Revo. How much would I have to spend on what truck to beat that rig. Answer = Revo. I bought a Revo and here is the result of weeks of research to not be able to blame my placing on my chosen ride. I don't see how I could've chosen more wisely.
Old 04-19-2007, 09:27 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by celeritas
Just ignore POS, he's a spoiled 12 year old.

He's always making the Savage guys look like a bunch of hillbillys! Sorry, if I offended any hillbillys reading this thread!

I think he's got a bad case of "REVO envy"!!

dont realy think so....i buy all my stuff myself
Old 04-20-2007, 03:19 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ProudSavageOwnr
dont realy think so....i buy all my stuff myself
He's cutting grass to save money so he can buy a revo.
Old 04-20-2007, 07:05 PM
Tech Regular

I have the ninja motor in my jammin truggy (CRT Pro), ...it's a beast! (IMO, way too much for the racing revo)

I run the OS TZ in my revo now, I raced it for most of 2005 and all of 2006. The motor is a little tired now.

I'm going back to the 3.3 because it's never been run yet (I replaced the 3.3 with the TZ when I bought it).

Here are a couple of questions you might ask yourself.
Why do the fast guys run the 3.3, when they could use any motor they want? (I remember when Slaydaddy ran a TZ, now he runs a 3.3)

Why are nearly box stock revo 3.3's (tires) are contenders everywhere?

Why do the same few pros win race after race? They all have access to the same equipment.

You can spend all the $$$ you want, it's no skin off my nose, but I don't know of anyone who has purchased their way to winning. Believe me, I tried.

It takes practice and dedication, a bullet proof truck is also important. If it was me I'd take a set of tires, lunsford pushrods, a good servo and radio and about 10 gallons of fuel.

Keep in mind if you plan on attending any "big" races, motors are limited to .20 or smaller in the "stock" monster truck class (ROAR, R/C Pro Series), anything bigger and you will have to run with the truggys, that is ...if they let you enter.

Good Luck, whatever you decide I'm sure you will have fun!
Old 04-20-2007, 08:00 PM
Tech Regular

I forgot to mention that my lap times with the revo/TZ combo were about the same as my lap times with the CRT/Ninja combo.

I will say no big block I've seen can hang with a ninja.
Old 04-21-2007, 04:09 AM
Tech Master

I couldn't agree with you more bro. For what it is, the 3.3R is more engine that most can actually drive. Once you put a decent pipe on it the power can really climb fast. I'm not trying to dazzle judges with receipts here boss, I'm just blowing money. I got this Ninja for less than most guys pay for a 3.3R so it wasn't a money venture ever. What it could be is an experiment I guess you could say. The old adage holds true, especially in R/C, just cuz you CAN don't mean you SHOULD. The engine was a personal choice from seeing buggies and truggies all around me at the races. Granted, nobody had a Ninja in the back of their Revo so I figured what the heck ya know. The worst that can happen is I end up a with a broken conversational piece after the races. At best I've got enough engine to "play" after that last lap on the big jump in front of the stands.

Don't get the illusion that I'm numb to what the Ninja can do. This thread isn't JUST about my chosen powerplant guys. It's looking for the holes where I'd need to keep going. Time may have me pulling the engine out but I'd be MUCH happier pulling an engine when the rest of the truck is race-ready. Let's help a guy with the rest of the build and not concentrate so much on just that one item. I've never said you guys were wrong, only that it's staying for now so I can see for myself what she'll do. If a slight slipper adjustment and center-diff aren't enough to tame it to a controllable pace then she'll come out. It's all about how fast you turn a lap, not how good you look doing it.
Old 04-21-2007, 09:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DiscoDan
I have to agree with riverrevo... you just don't see pro's racing BB Revo's and there IS a reason for it... but far be it for me to try and change your mind.
Aditionally:
-I prefer Proline's MTR line of tires on 17mm dish's BY FAR to running 40's... many benefits.
-IMO alum skids, and servo guards are un-neccesary and simpley add weight.
-I ran RD Logics CVD's all around on my Revo and the diff outdrives wore quickly... went back to plastic eventually and have been much happier since
-larger fuel tank would be a good idea if you don't have one on.
This is all based on racing experience... lots of trial and error, but it is my opinion.. you asked.
+1 on many of these points.

- i was half-way into buying a 40 series tire/wheel 23 mm setup, until i was convinced by several people that 17mm Proline MTR series is the way to go...40 series limits turning radius, and 23mm is too big, plus you need another wrench to tighten them. 17mm wheels can also be swapped with truggys if you happen to run them also.

-i believe anything integy on a revo is a bad idea. almost any aluminum on a revo is a bad idea, unless it's replacing a steel stock part. the only thing i'd upgrade from plastic to aluminum are the shock ends, as they are a high wear item, especially on the rear shocks.

-the stock drive shafts work great, and if they start to show wear, you can swap em out in no time for cheap with a new set.

-check out the GTR upgrade shocks, they're much nicer than stock, though the stock ones are decent enough

your list seems pretty complete, good luck!
Old 04-22-2007, 02:34 AM
Tech Master

I'm going to the races today so I'll try to run a set of 17mm rubber while I'm there. Note that I have the American CNC 23mm hexes that do not require a 23mm nut .

I agree on the integy, the guy had em so I said "why not" thinking of using them on a basher later in the season. I'd probably be best served keeping them off my racer. Integy is just too soft.

I'll keep my stock shaft in the box but I think the advantage of CVDs is worth the cost/maintenence.

I've been looking around for a good set of shocks. My main goal there is to keep it soft but have a lot of dampening. Some kind of progressive springs maybe to accenuate the progressive suspension on the truck. I hear nothing bad about the upgraded shocks and will also look at them today at the shop.

Thank you, your points are valid and appreciated.
Old 04-22-2007, 09:21 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

sounds like the p3 rockers would suit you best.