Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
LOSI LST Transmission issues??????? >

LOSI LST Transmission issues???????

LOSI LST Transmission issues???????

Old 04-05-2007, 04:36 PM
Tech Rookie

Default LOSI LST Transmission issues???????

My Losi Lst is a pain in my butt I swear! Ok so now today it was driving but very sluggish. After it warmed up a nit it was driving well again but then it seems out of know where it did not want to go. It screamed motor would inguage fully and gears are spinning but the wheels will not move. If I pick the truck up it will begin to turn the wheels but as soon as I drop it back down on the ground it will not go anywhere. After I shut it dow and fired it back up again it did crawl around but then again it did not mover just ran. I am not very tech smart and would like any advise here besides buying this car or that car and getting rid of this one. I love this truck but it has been a pain since I got it.
Do you think the tranny needs to be replaced or possibly could it be an adjustment that needs to be made. I greatly appreciate any info
Thanks
Vic
Old 04-05-2007, 04:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Hey,
I had the same problem with mine. If I remember right I had to tighten up one of the dogbones going from the transmission to the front and rear diffs. Check all of them and see if any are loose. Make sure its on the flat when you tighten the set screw. Hopefully this should fix your problem
Let me know if this works.
Old 04-06-2007, 07:50 AM
Tech Regular

Clean and lube the OWB in the center of the largest spur gear. I use Serpent one way lube on mine.
Old 04-11-2007, 01:18 PM
Tech Rookie

Default still problems

I did as you all informed but nothing worked. If I let it cool down and start it up the next day iw will slowly go and then stop and scream. Everything is cleaned and lubed, tightened as well. Shall I assume tranni is fried?
Thanks
Vic

PS how difficult is it to swap out a tranny?
Old 04-11-2007, 01:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

are you sure nothing is loose...maybe even inside the tranny...one little scew can equal ....a
Old 04-11-2007, 01:59 PM
Tech Rookie

I have not taken the tranny apart, should I? It seems like everyone thinks the tranny isn't fried. I guess I will tear it apart to see. Is this what you suggest?.
Vic
Old 04-12-2007, 07:26 PM
Tech Rookie

Ok well couldn't sleep, damn car was buzzing around in my head, so I got up and tore it apart. Everything in the tranny seems perfect, I went over evry screw etc made sure it was tight, then I adjusted the servo forthe reverse/forward control. I put it all back together and everything seems tight. Then the wife told me I could not continue as I had other things I had to acomplish so I never got to fire it up and test it. I will let you know tomorrow after work if this did the trick. Lets hope so!
Old 04-12-2007, 09:25 PM
Tech Regular

It's the OWB in the center of the largest spur.
Old 04-13-2007, 05:03 AM
Tech Apprentice

I agree with 2D clean the one-way in the spur gear. You can check it by taking it off the tranny hold the cam it rides on and spin it. It should spin one-way and grab the other.
Old 04-13-2007, 05:55 AM
Tech Rookie

This has reverse, why would there be a one way bearing on the spur gears? I am a novice so sorry if that sounded really stupid! It makes logic since the reverse is one speed. Do you have pics that may help me? Also would a cleaning work or would I need to replace it?
thanks
vic
Old 04-13-2007, 06:45 AM
Tech Regular

Old 04-13-2007, 07:10 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by VICM
This has reverse, why would there be a one way bearing on the spur gears? I am a novice so sorry if that sounded really stupid! It makes logic since the reverse is one speed. Do you have pics that may help me? Also would a cleaning work or would I need to replace it?
thanks
vic

The one-way is there so that when it shifts into 2nd gear 1st gear can free wheel.
Old 04-13-2007, 02:41 PM
Tech Rookie

The OWB is opertating correctly. BUT now I see the unit as a whole is not working correctly. Could it possibly be the slipper clutch? When the gears are moving correctly this does not seem to move the tansmission like it does not engage. I think I am going to replace the whole unit, slipper clutch, owb everything, that is where the problem seems like it is.
Thanks
To all
Old 04-13-2007, 05:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

Check the pin the holds the slipper cage to the shaft, and-or tighten the slipper nut.
Old 04-13-2007, 07:05 PM
Tech Rookie

the pin is there and I tightened the nut, but it snaps back I think the lock nut is shot

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.