Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
Using only 1 motor on E-savage >

Using only 1 motor on E-savage

Using only 1 motor on E-savage

Old 04-01-2007, 07:10 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default Using only 1 motor on E-savage

One of my friend wants to know if its possible to run an E-savage w/ 1 stock motor only. Is this done by simply removing 1 of the 2 motors or is there some technicality behind the process? He doesn't mind if it will run slower provided he will get more runtime from his batteries.
Old 04-01-2007, 06:45 PM
Tech Adept

If he ran Brushless he could go with only one motor
Old 04-01-2007, 09:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

unplug one of the motors (just unplug the negative, to prevent a shortcircuit) and let us know if it works.

i dont know if the ESC will work with only one plugged in, i dont see why not, but who knows
Old 04-01-2007, 11:55 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I beleive you can run a single motor because the motors are wired in parallel but you'll have to worry about frying the single motor because the motor will be doing twice the work. The speed controller might get hotter too.

Kershaw Designs do a single motor conversion for the Emaxx but only offer a dual motor conversion for the E-Savage. There may be a reason for this but they might the best people to ask about running a single motor set up in the E-Savage.

http://home.comcast.net/~milemarkers/Products.htm
Old 04-02-2007, 08:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

It would work fine if he geare way down. A better way is to remove one + and one - from each motor and then hook the motors + and - together (hooking them in series)

This will decrease load and double the runtime.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:09 PM
Tech Adept

I saw an article in RC Action magazine about this issue and the E-Maxx. Traxxas makes a jumper with a Tamaya plug, for where the 2nd battery plugs into the ESC. Instead of the battery, u plug in this jumper, and it just loops into itself, that way you are only running one battery, but the ESC is actually fooled into a loop reading only 1/2 the voltage. Should work for any model I would think....