Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
aftershock (race) >

aftershock (race)

aftershock (race)

Old 03-25-2007, 09:44 PM
Tech Initiate

Default aftershock (race)

would an aftershock be a good truck to race with?
Old 03-26-2007, 10:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Good question, I doubt it as I only see the Revo in the winners circle everywhere.............You don't see anything else that can compete....no MGT, no TNX and no aftershock.
Old 03-26-2007, 12:03 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Ginsu
Good question, I doubt it as I only see the Revo in the winners circle everywhere.............You don't see anything else that can compete....no MGT, no TNX and no aftershock.
huh?? maybe you should get out more...
The Aftershock is just a few hopups from a LST2 and is a great platform for bigblock monster truck racing.

see lstforums.com for more info..
Old 03-26-2007, 02:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Old 03-26-2007, 03:06 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

What?????????????????
Old 03-26-2007, 04:15 PM
Tech Master

Default Wat u talkin bout Willis?

I have seven magazines here with result from large off road nitro races....not one of them lists an Aftershock...just stating a fact. They list a Revo, another Revo, oh.....did I mention another Revo and you will never guess what else won.....a Revo....good your catching on. ..... see a pattern here? In fact the 2006 Roar truck nats winner was Bobby Tillman with a stock Revo......wait did I say Aftershock....no thats right.....Revo. Xtreme RC cars page 166 Jan 2007. So relax I like the Aftershock, they just are not racking up the wins like the Revo.......
Old 03-26-2007, 04:30 PM
Tech Adept

So why do Revo drivers run FROM the track when we break out the MTs at the LHS. Of course that is not in a magazine, so I guess it doesn't count. Let's see at our track, 8-10 revos, 8-10 savages, 4-6 LSTs, 2 MGTs, and T-Maxxes don't even count. I own both MGTs. The winning percentage for the MGT 95-97%. All others appox. 3%. But again, it is not in a magazine, so I guess it does not count. Of course maybe in your first post you should have stated, "according to a magazine." It sounded very much as if you were stating from personal experience. But, I guess not.
Old 03-26-2007, 04:38 PM
Tech Regular

It's neat to read magazines and see what the pro's are doing and stuff but my own results mean a lot more to me........and I'm no pro but I did get 3rd in a state series. LST's and MGT's are never competitive at tracks where they don't race, that just makes sense.
Old 03-26-2007, 05:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

I love racing against all the Revos you can throw at me they are good trucks.

Here's some of last yrs result's from my LST against maxhopped-up revo's(truggy want-a-be's I fondly call them ruggys) and a LST is just slightly hopped up Aftershock.

The Wife got her trophy here with a MGT.

I own a Revo also I just don't race it.
Old 03-26-2007, 05:57 PM
Tech Master

Default Get real.

Originally Posted by MrZero
So why do Revo drivers run FROM the track when we break out the MTs at the LHS. Of course that is not in a magazine, so I guess it doesn't count. Let's see at our track, 8-10 revos, 8-10 savages, 4-6 LSTs, 2 MGTs, and T-Maxxes don't even count. I own both MGTs. The winning percentage for the MGT 95-97%. All others appox. 3%. But again, it is not in a magazine, so I guess it does not count. Of course maybe in your first post you should have stated, "according to a magazine." It sounded very much as if you were stating from personal experience. But, I guess not.
Well don't go to Vegas anytime soon......because you would be guessing wrong. I was at several large off road races. And yes there were Team Losi MT there. But just not in the winners circle. I still think the Aftershock is a great product, I just do not see them winning big events (as seen covered in numerous magazines) .....that is what I said...as far as Revo drivers running in fear from the track when....ya ok.....anyways nice chatting with you.
Old 03-26-2007, 05:59 PM
Tech Master

Ben congrats on the win! The LST is a GREAT truck...........darn magazines are never around when you need them!
Old 03-26-2007, 06:52 PM
Tech Addict

I have seven magazines here with result from large off road nitro races....not one of them lists an Aftershock...just stating a fact. They list a Revo, another Revo, oh.....did I mention another Revo and you will never guess what else won.....a Revo....good your catching on. ..... see a pattern here? In fact the 2006 Roar truck nats winner was Bobby Tillman with a stock Revo......wait did I say Aftershock....no thats right.....Revo. Xtreme RC cars page 166 Jan 2007. So relax I like the Aftershock, they just are not racking up the wins like the Revo.......

Dude this is why i hate the revo, yes it is a great rc truck other than the fact your gonna break something if you clip a curb to hard, oh yeah and its a small block, but what is it???? is it a truggy? its not a production monster thats for damn sure, and it damn sure wont compete agaisnt the competition truggys out there. Of course its going to beat the production monsters such as the LST/2, Aftershock, savages, tnx's (which do win there fair share) because it is traxxas sorry attempt at a truggy. well as far as a competition truggy goes its junk.
Old 03-26-2007, 09:27 PM
Tech Initiate

Default wow

I wasnt trying to get a argument going. im just looking for a good truck for me and my son to race with at are local track. im not trying to win a championship or anything. i think ill go with the aftershock. for one it made by the best rc company in the bussiness. also parts are easy to find. thanks again for the comments.

Hey Ben your hats awsome thats what my 429 is about in my name
Old 03-26-2007, 10:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

just two cents from anther REVO guy man those things are fast with the big blocks in them. check out rccna.com youll love those...........small blocks. haha haha small blocks, the revo has come a long way!
Old 03-26-2007, 10:04 PM
Tech Addict

and yes to answer your quuestion yes the after shock is a good race truck it definatly handles better than a savage in stock form as far as other trucks im not sure i havent driven them but yes you will have a truck that is competitive depending on how well you drive, thats what it all comes down to, but the guys driving revos seem note i said seem to have an advantage, but in the end it all comes down to the driver.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.