R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Monster Trucks (https://www.rctech.net/forum/monster-trucks-46/)
-   -   Help 911 there's a man with a gun!!!! (https://www.rctech.net/forum/monster-trucks/153642-help-911-theres-man-gun.html)

Reburg99 03-11-2007 11:26 AM

Help 911 there's a man with a gun!!!!

Hey,
I hope you get as much enjoyment out of this as I did. I'm out bashing today at my favorite spot when all the sudden cops come flying up from everywhere :confused: . Seems that someone thought my remote was a hand gun :eek: and called 911. Luckily one of the cops was an old school RC racer back in the day, saw my truck in the back of my car and called off the persuit. So no guns ablazing or getting shot at :lol: We had a good laugh about it.
Reburg

d4_racer 03-11-2007 03:52 PM

what kind of gun has an extendable areial on it? lol! with an LCD screen and soundless bullets? whoever dobbed you in must have been somewhat far away if they didnt see an antenna and LCD on it. also if they saw you continuously pulling and holding down the trigger then how come it didnt make any noise. silly people, oh well.

happened b4 to someone where the cleaning lady thought a guys batteries were bombs, lol

dracy69 03-12-2007 07:39 PM

thats a great story ;)

i hope that can happen to me one day.

Crash727 03-12-2007 08:08 PM

Consider yourself lucky. I was almost arrested for attempted kidnapping while bashing with my trucks. I am glad people are watching out for kids and such but it does get kind of annoying.

Rookie 4.6 03-12-2007 11:16 PM

I swear some people have no f***### idea, or no life?? That will be a story to tell your mates!!!!!

Horatio 03-13-2007 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by pro4_racer
what kind of gun has an extendable areial on it? lol! with an LCD screen and soundless bullets?

Maybe they thought it was a ray gun? :rolleyes:

The term 'dumb-ass' springs to mind.

Some popular UK slang also seems appropriate, but it's not really Forum friendly! :lol:

Horatio 03-13-2007 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Crash727
Consider yourself lucky. I was almost arrested for attempted kidnapping while bashing with my trucks. I am glad people are watching out for kids and such but it does get kind of annoying.

You mean, like the pied piper, only with a Monster Truck? That's absurd!

annie_himself 03-13-2007 02:07 PM

HAHA, nice story. A RC sounds more like a star ship than a gun!

Crash727 03-13-2007 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by Horatio
You mean, like the pied piper, only with a Monster Truck? That's absurd!

I was skipping down the path with a line of kids behind me and my LST leading the way. :lol:

steelhawke 03-13-2007 02:30 PM

ROFL....... proof stupid people are BREEDING !!!!!! I've had cops called on me plenty in my day for RC something-or-another. Mostly ol' farts cause its to loud, or I'm having a good time and theyre not! But A Gun?!?!?!? Now If I was that Officer I would go find the person that called, and warn them=to pay attention before they call for no reason.

Bit_Rusty 03-13-2007 08:02 PM

Haha, i was putting some practice in with a mate once, we were standing down on the gorund with our TX's (setting slipper clutch). I turned around and a lady who was walking through just froze up... then saw the rc car and sighed "holy ****, i thought you had a gun!!"

Now, spekaing of dumb asses?

This was at a very old, well established RC TRACK!!! lol

CobraSVT 03-13-2007 09:24 PM

I was skipping down the path with a line of kids behind me and my LST leading the way. :lol:

:lol: I can just imagine. It's like a duck with the ducklings following. :lol:

d4_racer 03-14-2007 01:29 AM

i am sooo gonna walk into a main shopping centre with my radio in my hand behind my back, hehe. FUN FUN FUN!

then pull out a little micro zip zap car from my pocket and have puppy eyes, hehe

Horatio 03-14-2007 01:24 PM

Hilarious! :lol:

Horatio 03-14-2007 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by steelhawke
ROFL....... proof stupid people are BREEDING !!!!!!

How could this be happening! :tire: