Old 02-20-2007, 08:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Thumbs up *clap clap*

really nice work!
Old 02-20-2007, 01:44 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

omnidirectional..haha....ya i guess u could say they are.....I didnt personally lay the sheets up.....My cf guy did....and he assured me that they are laid properly...as for the kevlar adding strength....tensile tests will tell that..Once we get a hold of a CNC or a Waterjet to make more copy's........as far as bonding the sheets.....they all come prepreg and when laid they are Pressed in a Mandrel and heated to 600Degrees....the kevlar is what take the heat.....regular Cf can be Cured at room temp if need be...but will be faster if heated......thx for the commments Horatio ...and water under the bridge about that argument on SC.
Old 02-20-2007, 01:47 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 212 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Integra
sure did.
impressive
Old 02-20-2007, 01:58 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
impressive

thx buddy....Greatly appreciated.
Old 02-21-2007, 12:51 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Integra
omnidirectional..haha....ya i guess u could say they are.....I didnt personally lay the sheets up.....My cf guy did....and he assured me that they are laid properly...as for the kevlar adding strength....tensile tests will tell that..Once we get a hold of a CNC or a Waterjet to make more copy's........as far as bonding the sheets.....they all come prepreg and when laid they are Pressed in a Mandrel and heated to 600Degrees....the kevlar is what take the heat.....regular Cf can be Cured at room temp if need be...but will be faster if heated......
Cool - thanks for the info! Interesting stuff.

thx for the commments Horatio ...and water under the bridge about that argument on SC.
No worries matey #firmly shakes hand#
Old 02-21-2007, 08:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

not bad looking

Last edited by reptilesnr/c; 02-21-2007 at 08:40 PM.
Old 02-21-2007, 09:40 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by reptilesnr/c
not bad looking

and what ...u have something better lookin ?
Old 02-22-2007, 08:54 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by reptilesnr/c
I need some suggestions on what to do, im kinda new to the nitro stuff and i've only owned one t-maxx and hated it. So i traded it in and im wanting a stronger truck and easy to tune. But i don't wanna sink 500.00 or more in the truck im going to be bashing it and just playing around every so often. I like the REVO but it's really not bash worthy i hear from alot of Savy owners and im wanting a truck i can run instead of tune and replace parts on. I have another problem i hate buying someone elses problems i bought the t-maxx used and i hated that should i buy a savy new or used? I like the Savage X SS but i don't know how to build the truck or even have the tools to put it togeather. What do you all suggest should i get the X and just upgrade after breakage?
The Revo is good track machine, especially the 3.3. They're pretty durable for normal back yard use as well as racing.

By the sounds of things, you need to get a Savage XSS or LST2. Get some tools - you're going to need them either way, regardless of whether you start with a RTR (like the LST2) or a Kit MT (like the XSS). Don't be afraid of building a kit. They fall together these days - just like lego with screws - and while you build, you get to familiarise yourself with the machine.

not bad looking
Presumably a deliberate understatement....
Old 03-06-2007, 10:41 PM
Tech Adept

Looks good Integra, now wheres the carbon body????