stampede thread

Old 01-15-2008, 08:58 PM
Tech Master

if you upgrade batteries Deans is the way to go: the higher power batteries melt the Tamiya connectors and in time, the Tamiya plugs separate.
Old 01-15-2008, 09:00 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by streetracer745 View Post
i can see how you dont like it. but i just dont see it as a bug... haha
ithink we got too much time on our hands to even think about bugs! Ha!
Old 01-16-2008, 04:02 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by bowl806 View Post
hey fastpede- who painted/detailed the body? Did it come like that or did you do it?--I LIKE IT! ask Mikey, he don't like anything but he's not looking for a Pede.

You mean the gray and white body? That's a Venom RC10GT F150 body that came pre-painted. To mount it, I cut the front body posts off flush at the base, and then cut about an inch or so off the posts with a dremel. I then reinstalled them by drilling a hole in the center of the body posts, and a hole in the base where the posts used to sit. Then I used flatwashers and wood screws to mount the posts back on tight. On the rear, I mounted the body post the same way except I just used one post right in the middle. I cut the two body posts off flush at the base, and mounted one of the body posts right in the middle of the base. You want the rear body post to be only about 3/8" to 1/2" high to make the body level with the front posts. I'll try to find you a link to that body. Brb.

Found it:
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXNKH2&P=7

I used this body post hole punch: (Be sure you have the holes for your body posts marked before you punch your holes)
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXEV06&P=7
Old 01-16-2008, 04:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by reptilesnr/c View Post
Just wondering is there anything that you all don't put Brushless in lol? Im wanting to get another monster truck but want an electric but don't want to pay a million for it and to upgrade it. What's all your suggestions?
e-maxx or e-savage. go with a mamba ESC, feigao 8l or so, and a 3s lipo or 12 cells. that will be your least expensive way to do it. you could get a e-maxx and a VXL system on a 3s as well, but the feigao will be more power for a little more $. itll be worth it. to give you an idea of speed and power, heres an e-savage with the feigao 8l mamba max and 12 cells(small ones too...) a 3s will probly give you the same or more power. id recommend the e-maxx though. you can pick up an older model off ebay for like $150 or so probly. make sure the gears are all good, and maybe put some metal ones in. ive done a brushless maxx and am currently doing a brushless revo. also run brushless tc, stampede, and buggy. if you want some more info and some better details hit me with a pm and ill get back with you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yJqN-arsng

bowl - yeh i agree with that statement...
Old 01-16-2008, 07:41 PM
Tech Master

Hey Streetracer745- Back to looking at the Pede: If/when I put in the 2s 4000, is there any situations with the ESC, stock gearing, or anything? Might eventually upgrade with another Mamba but for now I am going to stick with the 2s. Which color body looks the best-blk, blue, or even silver? Thanks for the confirm!
Old 01-16-2008, 07:59 PM
Tech Elite

esc will be fine. chances are that the stock gearing will be alright, and if it feels like yo ucould gear up some strap in the 25 pinion that comes with it. and if your saying you might end up with another mamba, why even get the vxl truck? personally for the pede i like the carbon. but between black and blue i like black. thats all personal opinion though. but the esc is basically a mamba esc without the programing. its simple to setup and use, and should come with the auto cutoff already enabled. if not its simple to turn it on. and if you drive like me and know how to care for the lipo, chances are you wont even hit the cutoff. i stop the truck as soon as i feel the power drop and recharge it.
Old 01-16-2008, 10:00 PM
Tech Master

thanks hey- mainly I was curious about the TRX ESC and the diff between that and the Mamba. I like the black better too!-- Great minds think and probably drive alike. i show care and respect for Mr. LiPo. When driving the Mini, when it starts to slow down it is time to bring it in and recharge so it bairly hits the cutoff. As far as setup goes, when in doubt read the book right?
Old 01-17-2008, 03:26 PM
Tech Elite

exactly. the mamba esc is probly a little better. more programable, and less cogging. but the only time this truck cogs is going real slow, and with a pede your never puting around slow enough to make it cog so...
Old 01-17-2008, 07:49 PM
Tech Master

ok thanks for all the info. got PG&E and other stuff taken care of so it is back to "looking" at Stampede's. If all goes well,ater the 3 day holiday for MLK, should be able to contact Tower sometime this upcoming week.
Old 09-13-2008, 10:27 AM
Tech Initiate

Default stampede drive shafts

I recntly bought a stampede of ebay cheap, and had it out for 5 min or so and broke the drive shaft on the left side. I replaced it and broke it again in about 10 min. I replaced it again and it has held up but I'm afraid of jumping it cause the last two broke after I jumped. Also the esc (xl5 I believe) works but it sometimes will go in reverse and sometimes won't. I generaly don't like Traxxas but I thought this was a good deal at $100, and now I know why I don't like them. Does anyone know of some up grades to the drive shafts like steel cvd's or steel drive yolks? I have a brushless system I would put in it (Novak gtb and 13.5 ss) but I'm afraid the tranny would not take it. I race associated t4 and don't know much about the stampede. any thoughts would be appreciated.
Old 09-13-2008, 11:05 AM
Tech Elite

You just need to give it a good once over. Make sure everythign is in good cond. MIP makes a steel CVD kit for it. Try to calibrate your radio to your esc again. It might have been adjusted or something but is easy to calibrate. Traxxas has a great product, but most of the time people put hurtings on pedes. IMO buying a used one is asking for broken parts because I can garuntee whoever owned it before thrashed it hard. here are cvds and steel yokes if you really think you want them.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXAW60&P=7

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXJG59&P=Z
Old 02-12-2019, 04:44 AM
Tech Adept

Maybe buying a 2wd stampede for my youngest kid.
Can I use my 2S-shorty-lipos in it? Will they fit?
Old 02-12-2019, 05:06 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by D1360 View Post
Maybe buying a 2wd stampede for my youngest kid.
Can I use my 2S-shorty-lipos in it? Will they fit?
Yes, you can grab foam blocks at Home Depot and cut to fit to take up the space between the pack and the rest of the battery tray. The cool thing about running a shorty is they are lighter and you can move the pack front or back in the battery tray to offset the weight balance front to rear. If you want wheelie power stick it in the aft position. If you want to keep the nose down stick it in the front position.
Old 02-12-2019, 09:52 AM
Tech Master

I use pool noodles.. 1 and a sharp blade .a little wheelie action never hurts lol.