Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
good deal or not >

good deal or not

good deal or not

Old 01-25-2007, 11:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

well looks like i better be saving my change and everything else to be buy this stuff. Maybe i'll have to wait for awhile since im the only one working right now and my little girls already gets all the for her piggy bank lol very nice tools i'll have to purchase those wonder if they will work well with my MLST
Old 01-25-2007, 11:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

yea it adds up quick doesnt it? youll be happy though, trust me.
most of this stuff is required with any truck. they all have the little things that need to be bought. the 20 dolalrs here and there gets painful but it pays off when it comes to running the truck. alot of people on these forums will actually leave alot of these things out just to convince you to buy the truck they like, im trying to be upfront with you. so if other trucks look cheaper, keep that in mind.

those tools will in fact work on your MLST.
Old 01-25-2007, 11:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

Yea i mean nothing is worse than going to the track with a buddy and not having the tools to fix something quite it cuts down on the fun time. Plus i hope that they would last along time. I know i wish i had some good tools to work on this truck i already have now.
Old 01-26-2007, 08:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

instead of buy all those tools like that is there a complete packeage i could buy or are those all i need to work on the truck and to build the truck? I have never built an r/c car or truck so it's going to take me sometime. Also that motor is pull start correct? Im going to start purchasing some of the tool now.
Old 01-26-2007, 10:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

no there arent any tool sets that i know of that include all of those tools.

building a kit will be a great learning experience for you. it will give you a better understanding of how your truck works and you will know how to take it apart if you need to.

yes this truck is a pullstart, they make roto-starts for it if you do not wish to use a pullstart.

if you need any help building it visit the savage thread.