Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
Breaking in the Revo...  And other ?'s... >

Breaking in the Revo... And other ?'s...

Breaking in the Revo... And other ?'s...

Old 12-27-2006, 09:34 PM
Tech Rookie

Default asdf

asdf

Last edited by zahirjooma; 09-12-2011 at 07:15 PM.
Old 12-27-2006, 11:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by zahirjooma
Hey guys, I know you all probably hate threads like this... But I have some questions. I am not new to R/C Nitro's at all, but I am not a pro at all this, so please bare with me!
Dont apologise. The only stupid question is the one not asked!

I got my Revo today from HobbyTownUSA. It's nice and all, and I am just having some trouble breaking in the Revo, and I have some questions.

Well today I got it started, and everything went fine from the start. But when I was breaking it in with the first tank of gas, I was doing what I was told:

"Hold trigger down for two full seconds, then let go. Do this until the tank is almost empty."

When I was doing that, I am supposed to leave it on the ground, and let it move, right? Not on a stand, correct?
Correct. All of the TRX3.3 break in procedure is done on the ground. If you havent already, watch the DVD... it's kinda corny, but shows you exactly how its meant to happen.

And here are some other questions I had:
1. Do you all/did you all follow the exact break-in procedure? Or did you change some things?

Yes. I followed the break in procedure from the manual to the very letter of the law. Engine has now seen over 2 gallons, still goes as strong (if not stronger) as the day i got it broken in.

2. Is there a distance that I should stay from the car with my radio? The servos were going up and down when I wasn't touching anything at all. Is this normal? How do I prevent this from happening?
Keep it within 100 yards. There may be a source of interference... so try testing the servos somewhere else, see if they still twitch at all.

3. How do you know when to replace batteries for your servos, and your radio?
Batteries for the radio/servo (on the truck) will last about 1 hr. Transmitter batteries... there should be an LED that indicates power level IIRC?

4. Does the car have some type of stock failsafe? If the car runs out of battery, will the servos close the carb? Or will it stay open?
Yes, the optidrive has a very basic failsafe function. If the batteries go below a certain voltage, the brakes will be applied.

5. Do any of you Revo owners have a failsafe in your car? Is it reccommended?
Kind of. I run the spektrum radio gear, which has a built in failsafe. I would definately recommend a failsafe, as well as the spring that comes fitted to revo's throttle.

All of your help is greatly appreciated. I am getting back into this hobby after about four years, and I'm excited to have gotten a Traxxass truck w/EZ start- what I've wanted since the beginning.
They're great trucks. Have fun!
Old 12-28-2006, 02:44 PM
Tech Rookie

asdf

Last edited by zahirjooma; 09-12-2011 at 07:14 PM.
Old 12-30-2006, 05:16 AM
Tech Initiate

Thumbs up Break in Gas Burner

Hi

zahirjooma, This is how I broke in my Gasoline burner. <SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_2891978", true); </SCRIPT> Some people say no break in, but I would & did. BASIC CARBURETOR ADJUSTMENT: & Break In
I would not use a synthetic oil until after break-in, the following is how I broke in my FG:
1. Heat cycle the engine about 3 times (start it, let it warm up, then cut it off and allow it to cool.)
2. Now you can run it, do not run the truck at full throttle, apply the throttle in and out, at this point you want to vary the load on the engine no more then 1/4 throttle, (Do this for the first two tanks of fuel, you can get a little more aggressive on the second tank, but do not hold the truck at full throttle).
3. After the 2nd tank you can let her rip! Idle RPM 4000RPM+or-300RPM (H) is1.1/2 +or-1/4 & (L) is1.1/4 +or-1/4. As I said earlier, the standard settings are just a guide line and most carbs have to be adjusted, if you feel that your no-load (L) or your full load (H) screws are completely misadjusted, then carefully close both screws. Then turning them anti clockwise follow the settings that are listed above. Screwing them out make's it richer. I started off with the L set at 1&1/4 from seated & the H at 1&1/2. Part's are easy to get from online
Attached Thumbnails Breaking in the Revo...  And other ?'s...-h11-23-2006-08-large-.jpg  
Old 12-30-2006, 04:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

well i watched the dvd .......i did it for my first truck
now 6 trucks in .......the last one i started it and put a fan pointing at it for the first 4 tanks ( 2 days ) then the next tank i turned it and i was off