Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
new to r/c and dont even know what i have >

new to r/c and dont even know what i have

new to r/c and dont even know what i have

Old 12-25-2006, 09:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Please tell me you were running it with an air filter on it...
Old 12-25-2006, 09:43 PM
Tech Adept

yes im running it with an air filter,the motor says f.c 3.5 which is a force i guess.
Old 12-25-2006, 10:21 PM
Tech Adept

that helped out alot,found everything i needed to know about the truck,but still cant get it to run.
Old 12-25-2006, 11:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

How much compression does it have? When you slowly pull on the starter cord, does the truck lift up at all or is the pullstarter really easy to pull?

Have you checked that the head is on tight, try gently tightening the head bolts a little bit.

When it dies when you hit the throttle, does it sound gluggy and sluggish or does it just die cleanly and quickly?
Old 12-25-2006, 11:25 PM
Tech Adept

some times it pulls with no force,next time it pulls good and starts,sometimes the whole truck comes up with it.

now for when i give it throttle and it dies,starts to go and goes clunk,almost everytime.
Old 12-25-2006, 11:27 PM
Tech Adept

when i give it throttle,it does die quick and clunks everytime,sometimes it starts very easy,sometime not
Old 12-26-2006, 04:34 PM
Tech Adept

changed the glow plug and the lines again and still does the same thing
Old 12-27-2006, 05:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Looks like you have a Ofna LX series buggy there. Those tires will KILL your clutch with the stock gearing. That may be your problem. Have you looked at it yet? pull the motor and see if the clutch bell spins freely. If not it may be the clutch or clutch bearings, or both. You will need to remove the bolt that holds the cb(clutch bell) on. This can be a pain, if you cantget it off, report back!

It may be time for new bearings, be careful there are shims between them. What kind of clutch do you have? is it silver aluw,blue alum, or a black carbon? The inside of the bell should be smooth, not grooved. If its alum there should be no burrs on it, also if its worn down to the springs(metal springs that hold them on) its time for new ones.

NOW on to what you have(what I think you have),I had this same thing, a Ofna buggy that someone put big ole' MT tires on. it was SLOW off the line and turned like crap. It will EAT clutches like this, b/c it puts a huge strain on the clutch. Also, I think that is the WRONG pipe for that motor, it looks like a CEVC 1/10 pipe, you need a 1/8 pipe. Any from a 1/8 will work, you can pick a stock RTR pipe off of ebay for CHEAP.

Here is some decent reading.....

http://www.ofna.com/forum/viewtopic....ghlight=truggy

http://www.ofna.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=479

http://www.ofna.com/forum/search.php?mode=results

I regeared my buggy for MT tires, used wheel extenders, and a few other things.
Old 12-27-2006, 07:30 PM
Tech Adept

im putting some smaller tires back on and will be checking into the clutch prolly friday,thanks for the info,ill get back with ya.
Old 12-28-2006, 04:24 PM
Tech Adept

never got it off,but for some reason there is ,wich is very odd,something like oil leaking out of the pipe,almost looking like real car oil and its alot.
Old 12-28-2006, 04:25 PM
Tech Adept

i forgot to add,i was looking at the fuel line,and in the line it looks to be white stuff in there,now in the bottom of the tank is a filter and it might be falling apart.
Old 12-30-2006, 06:39 PM
Tech Adept

got to look at the clutch,looks to be fine,checked over everything,dont know what to do now.
Old 12-30-2006, 07:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

OK, when you pull the trigger it just dies? Try to have the wheels off of the ground(have a friend hold it pipe AWAY from them!), and SLOWLY pull the trigger. its called "clearing it out". You dont have to go wide open the 1st time clearing it. but you should be able to the 2nd or 3rd time.
Old 12-30-2006, 07:28 PM
Tech Adept

well i did it and it start to go but half way it died again,2nd time i did it ,it died right away,3rd time it start to go but died,what is all the oil like stuff coming out of the pipe,its blowing out.
Old 12-30-2006, 07:35 PM
Tech Adept

i forgot to add this,it starts to run good if i leave in the glow plug starter,it moves about 10 feet and sometimes die but i dont want to leave that on it too long

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.