Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
Wheelie King Official Thread >

Wheelie King Official Thread

Wheelie King Official Thread

Old 11-08-2006, 05:38 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wagonman72
Mike you didn't call, I sent your chassis today along with a happy little suprise....You will like it. Oh and dont make PSO angry.....You wont like him when he's angry......LOL
Dave thanks a TON, I can now start building my Savage, Quick question how are the short Rock Concept shock Towers (To use Truggy shocks) or are the stock towers fine.
Old 11-09-2006, 06:09 PM
Tech Master

Mike

The stock towers will do fine for now.

Here's a setup.

Single shocks in front with spacers inside to limit droop. Use the same bumpstops from the outside of the shock. Pro4 pistons, you know the grey ones that come on the round tree. You use the #2 and #3 pistons on the truck. Whichever pistons are the most restrictive go on the front and the others go in the rears. Start with 30wt all around. 4 shocks in the rear. Black springs in front and one pair each green and blue in the rear. Also use the clear o-rings(same as the ones from the Pro4. Set rear and front a-arms to level. Use some fairly heavy diff oil in the rear diff with something lighter in the front. The hellfire body will work excellent with just a little trimming for the head. Trim the bottom of the front body mount to lower it in the shocktower. Use the twin disk brake setup but smash the pads/plates in a vice after you stick the pads on. After you have the pads smashed onto the plates edge glue them with CA. Experiment with rear camber and toe-in to get the truck steering like you want, I like to stand them almost straight up to help break the rear end loose in tight turns. This setup will really suprise truggy racers and I have seen it beat them a few of times.

Have fun Mike!!
Old 11-09-2006, 06:48 PM
Tech Lord

Thanks Dave, Once again HPI ROCKS...
Tell Dave it was really cool to get to talk to him.
Old 11-11-2006, 12:39 PM

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

so how much do we think this is going to cost?
i might make it a 4wd and then make it my rock crawler, if the price is right
Old 11-11-2006, 02:53 PM
Tech Lord

It's going to be under $200
Old 11-12-2006, 12:51 AM
Tech Master

I wouldn't be too suprised to see it at around $180.00 in some shops. We'll see....
Old 11-19-2006, 05:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xxxkat
You need to post some photos up in my bad ride thread, Your "MONSTER" looks like it would be awesome, I can see the wacker motor their, I would be interested in "how" it got their. Very cool.

Uhh that's an FG 1/6th scale monster, the "weedeater" engine comes in that spot from the factory..... DOH!!!!!

Check out http://www.molzermoweryracing.com/ >>> I'm thinking of getting the stadium....
Old 11-19-2006, 08:02 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by IMPACTPLAYR
Uhh that's an FG 1/6th scale monster, the "weedeater" engine comes in that spot from the factory..... DOH!!!!!

Check out http://www.molzermoweryracing.com/ >>> I'm thinking of getting the stadium....
Now considering that I have never seen a FG 1/6th scale monster how would I know "just" what I was looking at, and add to the fact that I have no interest in one, If I was going to buy something on that scale it would not be anything that molzer mowery racing sells.
Old 12-04-2006, 01:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

here is a video HPI put up.
Wheely King

looks like alot of fun and alot more durable then it presents itself to be. ill deff pick one up if they are under 200.
Old 12-04-2006, 01:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by xxxkat
Now considering that I have never seen a FG 1/6th scale monster how would I know "just" what I was looking at, and add to the fact that I have no interest in one, If I was going to buy something on that scale it would not be anything that molzer mowery racing sells.
Old 12-23-2006, 08:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I got to look at one close at my LHS. Add axle parts from the rear axle, a front shaft, and steering linkage in the rear; 4x4x4. 4 wheel drive, 4 wheelsteer. Add a hint of brushless and go have fun!
Old 12-25-2006, 01:44 PM
Tech Addict

Anyone got comparison pics? How small is this MT.