Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best for me

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 02:00 PM
Tech Adept

Default Best for me

Hi, was looking to get my teeth into something different, and then i heard about the revo.
Some people might not considor it as monster truck, but i do.
And i am looking to buy one with my christmas/b-day money.
My max price that i will spend is £200-£250.
So what do you recomend, revo, savage, whatever.

Thanks
Old 10-25-2006, 02:24 PM
Tech Elite

depends on what your going to be doing with it.
Old 10-25-2006, 05:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hey evo dude.

Some people think of revo as a truggy... but it clearly is not. It meets all the rules for the monster truck class and should deservedly sit alongisde the savages and lsts of the world. Im running the Revo 3.3 and absolutely love it.

The suspension is "trick"... but that's really the only difference.

Oh... and you can fit an optional centre diff.

My recommendations would be...

Racing: LST2 or Revo. Both these trucks are formidable opponents on the track.

Bashing: Savage. Tougher than a brick sh*thouse. A savage will cop a beating that would bring a Revo to its knees, but will need a lot of $$$ and some serious driving to keep up with Revo/LST2 on the track.

Lol, im in your colony down here in the pacific/indian ocean - so ive got no idea what any of these trucks will cost in your local currency.
Old 10-25-2006, 05:47 PM
Tech Elite

the savage is deffinately a beater. but the revo can typically handle anything a savage can with the right suspension mods such as long travel rockers, heavier oil, and heavier springs. those will make it just as beatable as the savage. but the revo can deffinately race if thats what you want. i think a revo would be a great all around truck. the original LST probly would to, but it might be harder to come by.
Old 10-26-2006, 02:38 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Bit_Rusty
Hey evo dude.

Some people think of revo as a truggy... but it clearly is not. It meets all the rules for the monster truck class and should deservedly sit alongisde the savages and lsts of the world. Im running the Revo 3.3 and absolutely love it.

The suspension is "trick"... but that's really the only difference.

Oh... and you can fit an optional centre diff.

My recommendations would be...

Racing: LST2 or Revo. Both these trucks are formidable opponents on the track.

Bashing: Savage. Tougher than a brick sh*thouse. A savage will cop a beating that would bring a Revo to its knees, but will need a lot of $$$ and some serious driving to keep up with Revo/LST2 on the track.

Lol, im in your colony down here in the pacific/indian ocean - so ive got no idea what any of these trucks will cost in your local currency.
thanks for all the help mate.

and ur 3.3 is good, is it?
well, is a 2.5 as good as it?

I think it's just not as good performance, right?
and can u get a decent second hand one for £250?

Thanks
Old 10-26-2006, 02:39 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by streetracer745
the savage is deffinately a beater. but the revo can typically handle anything a savage can with the right suspension mods such as long travel rockers, heavier oil, and heavier springs. those will make it just as beatable as the savage. but the revo can deffinately race if thats what you want. i think a revo would be a great all around truck. the original LST probly would to, but it might be harder to come by.
Yeh, that's why a picked the revo over the savage.
i was gonna go for the savage first though. I thought bigger = better.

But no, i was wrong, revo, great all rounder and i have a go with my mates too.
It is very fast! lol
Old 10-26-2006, 08:05 AM
Tech Elite

the only difference between the 3.3 and the 2.5r is that the 2.5 is shorter and about 5mph slower. i got the 2.5 when it first came out. and then put a 3.3 and a racing pipe on it when the engine was released, and my revo will smoke any other 3.3 revo. if you have the money, buy a revo 2.5R. then do the engine lifetime replacement plan and get the 3.3 with a trade in. then go with a 2 or 3 chamber pipe. it will pull the front up with ease, and will run about 55-60. but watch out on the road. faster speed means better chance of flipping onroad.
Old 10-26-2006, 11:46 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by streetracer745
the only difference between the 3.3 and the 2.5r is that the 2.5 is shorter and about 5mph slower. i got the 2.5 when it first came out. and then put a 3.3 and a racing pipe on it when the engine was released, and my revo will smoke any other 3.3 revo. if you have the money, buy a revo 2.5R. then do the engine lifetime replacement plan and get the 3.3 with a trade in. then go with a 2 or 3 chamber pipe. it will pull the front up with ease, and will run about 55-60. but watch out on the road. faster speed means better chance of flipping onroad.
ok, so how much will it cost altogether to buy the revo 2.5R and get a trade in for 3.3 engine?
Old 10-26-2006, 12:17 PM
Tech Elite

well if you use the lifetime engine replacement plan, then it will cost you about $150. im not sure how much that is in england though. and a 2 or 3 chamber pipe, depending on what you want to improve speed and torque wize, will cost you anywere between $50-100. once again im not sure how much it will cost in england, cause i live in the US so. and if you want to set it up more for bashing, you will need to get the integy piggy style suspension set up. i have it and love it because it is still race worthy with light springs and can take some huge hits with harder springs.
Old 10-26-2006, 12:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

for bashing, some different rockers (I think P2) and thicker oil, and stiffer springs for the suspension. you dont need to buy new shocks. what kind of places will you be running? if youll just be in had packed dirt and grass then the stock tires should be fine, especially for donuts and powerslides. looses stuff and sand will probably demand meatier tires like chevron style tires.

a pipe would be a good idea, if they sell torque oriented pipes then get that one, the 2.5 needs torque not speed. and if it is held together by a silicon.....thing. make sure you space the exaust and the header out if you can to get more low end power.

you may want to save your money and spend the $200 (thats USD, dont know what currency you use) and get an O.S. .18TM. much better engine then the averag TRX engine. TRX engines have a legacy of bad tuning and voerheating. the 3.3's have also been known to come seized from the factory. its a hit or miss with the trx engines, you will talk to the people who got the good ones, and the bad ones. the O.S. will be easy to tune and make more power then the 2.5. dont know about the 3.3

another thing you may want for bashing are RPM A-Arms unless you know you wont abuse the truck. but if you can picture a high speed impact in this trucks future then its a worth while investment. also may want to consider tougher pushrods. and a larger surface area air filter.

you may also want to get a 40t spur gear (and leave the stock CB) to get some more acceleration out of the truck. if you still desire more, you can get the close ratio tranny gears, or buy a new engine.

another thing ive heard about is differentials going, but that wasnt so common. if you do have that problem Integy makes toucher diff gears.

if you plan on playing around with a few other people or racing, buy a high quality FM radio. and if possible a module based radio so you can get a spektrums system in the future.

I think I touched apon everything. if anyone has anything to add.
Old 10-26-2006, 12:44 PM
Tech Elite

you dont need the piggy style shocks, but they are supposed to be smoother then the stock ones. but it doesnt make much difference. the O.S. is a good motor. i was able to get a good trx so i love mine, but like he said, sometimes they are bad. if you are not going to be bashing at all and just sole racing with it, then you might want to save up and get the carbon fiber chassis. its 60% lighter then the stock chassis. but that is only if you are racing. also you might want the rear disc brake setup if you are racing. it gives more tunability.
Old 10-26-2006, 01:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

if you really want a revo, get the new 3.3, the longer chassis is more important than the bigger engine that seems to have issues staying together.
Old 10-26-2006, 02:55 PM
Tech Elite

thats a 500 dollar truck though.....

the Savage and 2.5 are at least $50 or about 30 GBP cheaper. leaving room for some hop ups, each truck has those needed hop ups.

Revo 3.3 is about 270 GBP, the Savage is about 235, and the Revo 2.5 is about 240.
Old 10-27-2006, 07:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dracy69
thats a 500 dollar truck though.....

the Savage and 2.5 are at least $50 or about 30 GBP cheaper. leaving room for some hop ups, each truck has those needed hop ups.

Revo 3.3 is about 270 GBP, the Savage is about 235, and the Revo 2.5 is about 240.
thats what I love about the savage guys in here, they dont let facts get in the way...

what does my post say..."If you really want a revo..."

Im not comparing the revo to a savage, Im making a statement about the 2.5 vs. the 3.3 version of the revo. They extended the chassis for a reason...

Since you brought up saving $50 for hopups - what hopups you going to buy for $50 anyway?
Old 10-27-2006, 11:31 AM
Tech Elite

I missed that in your post, I actually didnt mean to put the Savage in there, I thought we were in a different thread........and I know you cant get much for 50 bucks anymore. but 50 bucks is 50 bucks. you could get stuff like nitro fuel and a pair of glo-plugs really. which does go a long way.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.