which truck should i get

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

which truck should i get

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 01:41 PM
Tech Adept

as for all the relpiers like i said in my first post revos are racers and savages are bashers but you cant really race a savage its just not a race truck. but the revo is built to race but with a few upgrades if you want cause im sure a stock revo can handle bashes to i know mine does and mines all stock. but anyways a revo is built to race but can also be a great basher.

Kory
Old 07-26-2006, 01:42 PM
Tech Initiate

u could put rpm arms on a savage too. but the stock ones r great i still have them on.
Old 07-26-2006, 01:44 PM
Tech Initiate

i'm still questioning the bashing part on a revo. but it is a good racer if your into racing. i think on a scale of 1-10 of a bashing revo is a 7 and a savage a 9. but i'm comparing shock here
Old 07-26-2006, 01:45 PM
Tech Initiate

btw look at my avitar is says it all. i just prefer my savage over my revo also my savage was my first rc
Old 07-26-2006, 01:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

ya ill agree with u about the shocks but the revo has 3 times better brakes on it
Old 07-26-2006, 02:04 PM
Tech Initiate

13.00 u can get dual disk brakes for the savage 2 times better than the revos
Old 07-26-2006, 02:26 PM
Tech Regular

i like to race up and down the street but i like to flip mine of the ramps and run it out back to so which is the best for out back bashing and out front draging
Old 07-26-2006, 02:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

super jato, you'll break either one eventually. Savages are NOT difficult to work on especially the new ones. They all seem like a pain until you wrench on them a few times. I hated working on my revo more than any of them. LST was a dream to work on the diffs but getting to the steering servos was a royal pain and I like to remove all my electronics for cleaning after use. IN that manner, the MGT flat out rocks because the electronics come out in less than a minute! You CAN race with any truck no matter what ANYBODY says. I get sick of hearing you cant race with a savage. Ive beat Revos when I had my savage and I beat the same guys with my MGT. Ive seen a local pro beat truggies with a savage and an MGT. If you are just starting out your not going to win no matter what truck you have so dont feel that you have to have a revo to be competitive because you dont. To be competitive you need to keep it off the pipes and off its lid.
Old 07-26-2006, 02:59 PM
Tech Adept

When im out doing my bashing i usually run my Tmaxx 2.5r with my brothers savage lmt. and father-in-laws savage4.6. I havent seen where the savage is so much of a better truck. We all have our down time and broken parts. My best friend has a revo 3.3 he doesnt run much but when he does he acts like he has plenty of money to blow on broken parts. After all the bashing he has done to it the only thing he broke was the motor mount. Everyone on here just wants to down the other truck. But i say if you see something you like and want it, GET IT. No matter what you get, either for racing or bashing, and no matter how you drive your gonna have broken parts. Ive owned about 10 different trucks and all of them have weak spots.
Old 07-26-2006, 03:23 PM
Tech Adept

true to that!

Kory
Old 07-26-2006, 08:22 PM
Tech Adept

i have enter a lot of forums already and compare different opinions regarding all the pros & cons for my first truck. it takes me almost 4 months to study all of them comparing specs, availability of parts on the area, quality & of course the "thing" inside my wallet.. . i choose 3 of them 1st: savage X, 2nd: LST2 & the 3rd: revo 3.3 and i ended with my third choice,...why? because i saw the appearance & performance of these truck (racing or in bashing)...some says the engine is a crap, hard to tune, etc. thats why they change it to other engines. but wait, since this is a hobby take your time on fixing what will be the problem, & when u done it right, yull be surprised & satisfied!!! im not saying that revo is a great machine, all the available trucks are great but it depends on your own preference...hope this help....peace guys...

savage X=basher
LST2= racer
revo 3.3=racer & a basher
Old 07-26-2006, 08:32 PM
Tech Adept

dude i made a qoute for you,hope this will help also....it goes like this:

"As you move along with your hobby, u meet people that could suddenly change you REVO"
Old 07-27-2006, 07:48 AM
Tech Regular

hey thanks guys that pretty much settles it i think i have no clue which truck to get but i dont have enough money to get a truck yet so who cares but this can be the savage revo and other monster trucks forum
Old 07-27-2006, 09:59 AM
Tech Apprentice

the savage is deffienitly better than the revo for first time Monster Truck owners
Old 07-27-2006, 11:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kjkiller
the savage is deffienitly better than the revo for first time Monster Truck owners
and spell check is deffienitly better too... lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.