Community
Wiki Posts
Search

revo 3.3 for a beginner???

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2006, 09:17 PM
Tech Adept

Default revo 3.3 for a beginner???

i need to post this thread because i have so many questions for this monster truck & i know that im not the only one here that needs a guidance or tips from the expert...

i have read a post regarding this monsters truck that they said, "it is for the expert only & not for a beginner like me" & i said y not if i have bucks to buy it & a passion to run this monster beast?? i know we(beginners) have a long long miles away from the expert category but how can we (beginner) to be like expert if they limit us to operate this machine....

im not mad about those people who post message that this truck is for expert only, i post this for them to know that all rc category are for people wants to run this truck with passion & willing to be like them(expert)...thanks guys!!

hope this thread will not be a debate topic......
Old 06-29-2006, 09:44 PM
Tech Adept

guys anyone have to share a break in tips for the revo 3.3?& what are the parts should i put in my hotlist before buying this truck? thanks guys!!!hope this will also help to my cobeginners.....
Old 06-29-2006, 09:49 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by grevo_33
i need to post this thread because i have so many questions for this monster truck & i know that im not the only one here that needs a guidance or tips from the expert...

i have read a post regarding this monsters truck that they said, "it is for the expert only & not for a beginner like me" & i said y not if i have bucks to buy it & a passion to run this monster beast?? i know we(beginners) have a long long miles away from the expert category but how can we (beginner) to be like expert if they limit us to operate this machine....

im not mad about those people who post message that this truck is for expert only, i post this for them to know that all rc category are for people wants to run this truck with passion & willing to be like them(expert)...thanks guys!!

hope this thread will not be a debate topic......
its not just for "experts this hobbies is all about fun get what you thinks suits you the best the revo is a great truck!
Old 06-29-2006, 10:27 PM

Default um

if this helps my first truck was a mgt then my second one as a revo there easy to work on learning how to turn them is a pain in the butt
Old 06-29-2006, 11:17 PM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by nitro guy1
its not just for "experts this hobbies is all about fun get what you thinks suits you the best the revo is a great truck!
i agree!!! i can wait that fedex knockn of my door soon.....
Old 06-29-2006, 11:31 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by revoboyz
if this helps my first truck was a mgt then my second one as a revo there easy to work on learning how to turn them is a pain in the butt
get an airtronics 94358 servo convert it to single servo get the aluminum proline arm and you shouldnt have problem
Old 06-29-2006, 11:32 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by grevo_33
i agree!!! i can wait that fedex knockn of my door soon.....
haha i hear ya
Old 06-30-2006, 12:44 AM
Tech Elite

techincally in my books the revo is not a "beast" from the smallblock engine(.15) in it....its more of a "ute" .....a "beast" is a SAVAGE,monster suspension,bigblock engine (.28) etc....

i hope u considered the savage b4 u went for the revo....its by far the meanest truck out
Old 06-30-2006, 01:18 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ProudSavageOwnr
techincally in my books the revo is not a "beast" from the smallblock engine(.15) in it....its more of a "ute" .....a "beast" is a SAVAGE,monster suspension,bigblock engine (.28) etc....

i hope u considered the savage b4 u went for the revo....its by far the meanest truck out
thnx proud!! but u should read the title of this thread first before u enter...& y u kip on attacking the revo??...i understand that u are a savage proud owner but i think u try to open a new thread for your savage alone...
& think about this: dont compare the orange from an apple, because they have different in taste...
Old 06-30-2006, 04:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

ppl might say the revo is an experts only truck because its a PITA to work on and seemingly impossible to tune (the trx engine that is). the 2.5 has the worst reputation of any engine, ever. and the 3.3 is continuing the legacy.

if your lucky youll get a good engine. with traxxas, you get good engine's you get bad engine's. if you get a good one you will still spend time tuning as with any other engine. tuning comes with experience and there isnt exactly a technique to it. its trial and error and thats there all is to it. just always make sureyou have a good smoke trail, not too thick but make sure you can see the smoke.
Old 06-30-2006, 05:13 PM
Tech Elite

yeah the trx 2.5 has the worst engine reputation ever.....i bet ull do better with a force engine that a trx
Old 06-30-2006, 10:28 PM
Tech Adept

yeah maybe guys, but i dont see any traxxas brand to your signature?have you guys already run a traxxas engine y u can say all that attack?...if savage is a better engine y i dont see more videos about that truck?is it because all the savagers dont want to share their own mistake in choosing the savage to others?
Old 07-01-2006, 12:57 AM
Tech Elite

wer not stupid enough tobuy traxxas products.....read the forums.....80% of "i cant tune or engine tuning" threads are for the 2.5 trx.....

and if u wana see savage bash videos go to google and type in

savage bash video beatyourtruck.com

theres shitloads of videos on theyre......even a tmaxx that snapped in half LOL
Old 07-01-2006, 05:01 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The TRX mills are touchy when it comes to tuning, thats all.Touchy to the point of being a pain at times. BUT it does NOT have the worst rep around.I believe it won a few motor of the year awards voted on buy READERS of the magazine, not the staff. My 2.5 ran great on Monster HP 25%, but hated White Lightning 20%. JMO. That could be one reason its a "expert" truck. That, and its mainly a racer, not a great bashing truck.

PSO, you were doing sooo much better, now your back to your "its the bestest eavah" crap again. As a basher its great, but thats IT. A beast with a .28 blah,blah,blah. At the track, it would get CRUSHED by the "wimpy" 2.5 Revo. Get over it. What makes it "the meanest truck out"? Its certainly not the "meanest" at the track........
Old 07-01-2006, 05:50 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

good luck, u'll need it if you get it.

-ult

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.